Provisional sate sonsored visa - anyone else going/gone through this?

Guest familygood

Guest familygood

Hi,

Just joined the site. We are just beginning our application to move over. W ehave been advised by our migration agent to apply for a state sponsored provisional visa. Has anyone else been through this process? we are quite borderline on points (basically the pass rate) does this make things more difficult? How much supporting information did people send off to SA with their application? We are doing various spreadsheets - budgets, job search info, rental info etc. to show we have done ourhomework. We also spent 2 months travelling around SA will this help? Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Guest Martin and Val

Hi Familygood,

Welcome to PIA you will find answers to all your questions here and your agent should guide you through each stage as it is required.

We are also going for a Sub Class 475 provisional Visa.

Collect as much information as you can, you can never have to much.

Your two months traveling will come in handy when the forms asks "Why do you want to live in SA"

It's a long long road to travel so good luck with it and remain patient. One day it will all come together and you will be living your dream.

Take a look at this thread and you will be able to see how long things take, although every application seems to be different.

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5222

Good luck

Martin

Guest Carkyde

Hi Grace and Martin

We are in Newton Abbot, just got our visa this week so we'll be off in the next 5 months to SA. Private message me if you want my number and we could meet up for a coffee and a chat.

Caroline (34) n Craig (39)

Hiya,

We are going on a 475 too. Too be honest, the state sponsorship is easy to get as long as you have all the bits of paper. Its quick too - only takes about 20 days processing. We had low points too - had 105 in the end. My husband's job is only worth 40 points rather than 60 so he had to take IELTS too. Thankfully that is all done now and we applied at the end of June. Now we wait!

You do need lots of bits for the state sponsorship, but you need it all again for the visa application, so best thing to do is get cracking and get it all together! Best of luck,

Jo xxx

Guest familygood

Thanks for the info. We just sat and did a spreadsheet of all the info we need for the entir process so we can get it all together at the same time. Good to know about the state spoonsorship though. We are trying to gather as much info as we can for this - jobs, rentals etc to add with the application.

Was the IELTS test difficult or easy to get? My husband has a degree so is pretty good at English! I am just peeved that none of my stuff counts as I have been on maternity leve so cant count my experience! Crazy..

Fingers crossed for you then. Please let me know how you get on if you remember!

Thanks

Emma