Skilled 175 Visa

Guest Elizabeth

Guest Elizabeth

Hi - is anyone else going through on a Skilled 175 Visa, and if so, how long has it taken you etc. etc.

Would love to talk to anyone who is going through the same process as us! :arghh:

Guest vikkiann

Wow i thought it was longer than a year, it certainly seems it. The easy bit is getting everything together to apply. Once you apply it seems like an eternity!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest michelle in havant

Hi

We are michelle, Anthony, Amy (15), Olivia (3), Harriett (1) and Grandad Michael

Received TRA approval 25/02/08

We applied for skilled independent 175 on 11/04/08 -online through agent

Went for medicals 24/09/08 and about to send off police checks - havent got case officer yet but went for medicals as we felt like we needed to do something positive!!

The waiting is driving us nuts!!!!!!!:arghh:

Good luck with your application:)

Hi, we are just starting the process and trying to make up our minds which agent to use. My husband is an engineer so have been advised to go down the 175 visa route.

We are also going to the Leeds Expo to try and get as much info as possible to prepare us for this journery.

How far along are you guys.

Nichola :wubclub:

Hi, I was wondering why so many have done medicals and police checks before getting case officer. My agent has told me he will be in touch when we have one, which he said could be at least 7 months, oh my god!!!! i know life goes soooo fast, but it seems ages away.

Trace

Guest michelle in havant
Hi, I was wondering why so many have done medicals and police checks before getting case officer. My agent has told me he will be in touch when we have one, which he said could be at least 7 months, oh my god!!!! i know life goes soooo fast, but it seems ages away.

Trace

Hi Tracey

We decided to get our medicals done now as we have been waiting for a case officer for nearly six months and figured surely it cant be much longer!!!!, and as we have sold the house we are ready to go once the visa arrives. Agents advise you not to get the medicals and police checks done until requested by your case officer as you have one year from the date of your medical to enter australia and validate your visa once it arrives, and the police checks only last for 6 months, so it can be risky if you do them early.

Hope this helps!:)

Michelle

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tracey

Hi Michelle, Thanks for that, maybe we will do that also then. Its not been a month yet since we applied and that feels too long. Keep us posted how you get on

all the best tracey

Hi Tracey

We decided to get our medicals done now as we have been waiting for a case officer for nearly six months and figured surely it cant be much longer!!!!, and as we have sold the house we are ready to go once the visa arrives. Agents advise you not to get the medicals and police checks done until requested by your case officer as you have one year from the date of your medical to enter australia and validate your visa once it arrives, and the police checks only last for 6 months, so it can be risky if you do them early.

Hope this helps!:)

Michelle

Hi Michelle

Police checks actually last for 12 months. You have to validate your visa before either your meds or police checks run out. Whichever is the sooner.

Guest Sharron & Andrew

We too are going on 175 visa - my husband has his vetassess practical next week in Glasgow, he will get his results 10 days after the test and hopefully (if they are positive) the visa application will be lodged in November.

Good luck to all those going through the process

Sharron x

Guest deborah

this is my timeline. Only took 4 months from e lodging so we were very lucky.

There doesn't seem to be any consistency but it appears that online applications get processed quicker.

debs

Guest Yvonne McAdam

Hello :cute:

We have applied for 176 skilled visa - the one sponsored by a relative - I think they are similar. We lodged our application on 12th Sept and rang the immigration dept. yesterday to see if they had everything they needed - they said yes, but that a case officer won't be appointed for at least 5/6 months and if we hadn't heard anythign by then to ring back. They said not to have medicals or police checks until then as they have an expiry date so could be worthless by the time they are requested.

Not sure if this helps!!

By the way this is my first message - anyone else about 32, living in the midlands? I have 3 young kids (Rory - 3 + 9months, Ewan - 2yrs and Isla - 14weeks) a husband who works away alot and used to live in Australia - it is his dream to go back and take the 4 of us with him!

Y.

Guest Tracey

I am from sunny oldbury. I think i will wait until we get a case officer before getting medicals and police checks. Does anyone know, i have just joined the nursing bank and they have sent for a police check, could i use this? or do i need to send for another when the time is right?

I have just also read deborahs time line, oh my god!!! that is fab. all thebest to you

I am from sunny oldbury. I think i will wait until we get a case officer before getting medicals and police checks. Does anyone know, i have just joined the nursing bank and they have sent for a police check, could i use this? or do i need to send for another when the time is right?

I have just also read deborahs time line, oh my god!!! that is fab. all thebest to you

You have to get different police certificates for migration to Oz. See this website:

http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

Howard.

Guest Sharron & Andrew

Hi Tracey,

The police check that you get for your work is a Criminal Records Bureau check - they have to be applied for by your employer and are specific to them (I work for several organisations and have to have a CRB for each), the police checks you need for your visa are different - they are dated and last for 12 months from date of issue, this is why your agent or case worker will request them when they are needed.

Hope this helps,

Sharron x