We Have Our Visa

Guest Martin and Val

Guest Martin and Val

26_11_8.gif We Have Our Visa 26_11_8.gif

It has been a very long time coming, but just before I went to work this morning I switched on the computer to check the Visa Status. It was about 4.30am and there it was written in front of me!

23_30_104.gif “GRANTED”

I couldn’t believe my eyes, I think I read it 4 or 5 times until I was certain what it said then ran up the stairs shouting to Val (Who was asleep at the time)

“Val, Val, Val we’ve got it, we’ve got it”

We then both ran down the stairs and sat in front of the PC reading it again and again.

The poor old dogs wondered what the hell was going on!

We have waited what seems an eternity and at times didn’t think it was going to happen at all. We’ve checked the on line status very day since 6th May (When we were told we went to Decision Maker) and each time nothing, then suddenly today bang it’s here we can go. God we still can’t believe this!

This has been a very strange day, Val has felt sick at times and couldn’t concentrate at work and I still don’t really believe it. I think I expected a Marching Band out side in the street to help us celebrate, but no, none of that so we’re off out tonight to our local for dinner a bottle of champagne and a few pints of Fosters to celebrate.

Good luck to all those still waiting, rest assured it will happen just be patient.

Martin and Val

PS: I must now update our Time Line, as I discovered on Monday morning that we were not in fact with the decision Maker since 6th May! That is actually when the 2nd Case officer finished with the file. It was allocated to the 1st Case Officer on April 14th but she moved departments and the e-mail saying we were with a decision maker had been incorrectly typed from ASPC.

Oh Well that doesn’t matter anymore because we have it now!!!

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 23_33_12.gif

Guest cunnah10

26_11_8.gif We Have Our Visa 26_11_8.gif

It has been a very long time coming, but just before I went to work this morning I switched on the computer to check the Visa Status. It was about 4.30am and there it was written in front of me!

23_30_104.gif “GRANTED”

I couldn’t believe my eyes, I think I read it 4 or 5 times until I was certain what it said then ran up the stairs shouting to Val (Who was asleep at the time)

“Val, Val, Val we’ve got it, we’ve got it”

We then both ran down the stairs and sat in front of the PC reading it again and again.

The poor old dogs wondered what the hell was going on!

We have waited what seems an eternity and at times didn’t think it was going to happen at all. We’ve checked the on line status very day since 6th May (When we were told we went to Decision Maker) and each time nothing, then suddenly today bang it’s here we can go. God we still can’t believe this!

This has been a very strange day, Val has felt sick at times and couldn’t concentrate at work and I still don’t really believe it. I think I expected a Marching Band out side in the street to help us celebrate, but no, none of that so we’re off out tonight to our local for dinner a bottle of champagne and a few pints of Fosters to celebrate.

Good luck to all those still waiting, rest assured it will happen just be patient.

Martin and Val

PS: I must now update our Time Line, as I discovered on Monday morning that we were not in fact with the decision Maker since 6th May! That is actually when the 2nd Case officer finished with the file. It was allocated to the 1st Case Officer on April 14th but she moved departments and the e-mail saying we were with a decision maker had been incorrectly typed from ASPC.

Oh Well that doesn’t matter anymore because we have it now!!!

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 23_33_12.gif

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!

I have got shivers and goosebumps and lots of tears of happiness and excitement for you guys!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pleased for you!!!!!!!

ENJOY TONIGHT CELEBRATIONS!!!!

Are 475 was paper lodged DEC 17th 07

Meds went off May 08

Police Checks Jan08

At a guess how long do you reckon we will have to wait now for our 475??????

Any chance your mum could do her magic stuff again but for us this time!!!!!

Guest Martin and Val
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!

I have got shivers and goosebumps and lots of tears of happiness and excitement for you guys!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pleased for you!!!!!!!

ENJOY TONIGHT CELEBRATIONS!!!!

Are 475 was paper lodged DEC 17th 07

Meds went off May 08

Police Checks Jan08

At a guess how long do you reckon we will have to wait now for our 475??????

Any chance your mum could do her magic stuff again but for us this time!!!!!

Thanks Gill,

Will see what Mum can do!

Fingers crossed your about a month after us.

Hope it comes through very quick for you.

Martin and Val

Guest cunnah10
Thanks Gill,

Will see what Mum can do!

Fingers crossed your about a month after us.

Hope it comes through very quick for you.

Martin and Val

Thanks!!!!

I will mark a month from now off on my diary and you know i will be counting down the weeks!!!

Are you guys still sober?

Really Really Really pleased for you both!!!!!!!

Guest ffi&dyl

Congratulations guys, feels great doesn't it!

Must be something in the air today, as we had good news to, a buyer for our house.

Enjoy your celebrations tonight!!

Ffion

Guest Lulujim

:jiggy:woohoo!!!!! :jiggy:

This is the post I've been waiting to read for, what seems like, ever!!!!

Great news - have a lovely night celebrating and planning!

p.s Bet Ann's pleased!!! :)

Guest rockpool crab
:jiggy:woohoo!!!!! :jiggy:

This is the post I've been waiting to read for, what seems like, ever!!!!

Great news - have a lovely night celebrating and planning!

p.s Bet Ann's pleased!!! :)

I'll second that one! I've been waiting to read this one for ages too... So so so so so so so so so chuffed for you guys. It's been a long haul but you've got it now..just fantastic news!!

CONGRATULATIONS

from the Hannahs :wubclub:

Guest Django

Great news guys. :D It seems like forever coming. Its a great feeling isn't it?;)

Enjoy your evening and get the move planned.:)

Oh and a tin of dog biscuits might make up for frightening the dogs. :biglaugh:

Pete

Guest The Wise Family

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jiggy:

Well done Martin & Val. Excellent news. Its a great feeling isn't it! They are taking a long time at the moment but well worth the wait!

Enjoy your celebrating and good luck to your new life down under.

Gina x

Guest cazzie

Oh my God -that spell worked didn't it? That is absolutely fantastic news - congratulations to both of you. The planning will really start now. So pleased for you both. Cazzie and Bill x

Guest LOOBYLOO

Just wanted to add my congratulations....now the hard work begins. Hope you have a great night celebrating (I don't remember going to bed when we got ours - good old Australian wine!!)

and once again, congratulations Martin & Val ;)

hope the celebrations haven't caused too much of a headache, although any hangover is worth it when you get that visa granted.

see you soon

Tina