Shipping crate info please!!!!

Guest Carkyde

Guest Carkyde

Hi Just got visas today :)and only have 5 months to get organised (get a job!!) and be in Oz. Going to Adelaide and we have some stuff we want to take with us.

I would love some advice about how to start looking into shipping stuff over to Oz, we have friends in Adelaide whose address we can use.

We have double bed, fridge freezer (2 biggest items), kitchen bits n bobs, motor bike helmets, jackets, pictures, clothes, shoes etc,

What size of crates can you get and where do you go to get quotes, do they supply boxes or do you have to get your own? How did you all get your personal items over to Adelaide?

Soooo excited now we have visas, can't sleep already!!!!

Thanks for any tips. CnC :jiggy:

Guest LOOBYLOO

We took advice from PIA and googled. Arranged for 2 quotes (only 1 company showed up). He went round the house room by room and sent a quote. No hassle really. Don't know what area you're in but lots of companies give free quotes.

Hi there,

there are companies that will give you a rough idea and give you an online quote, you just list all the items you want to take, the boxes come supplied from the company and are a tea chest size, so this should give you some indication of how many you will need when it comes to listing online.

I would bring everything with you as if you are using it just now, it will be good for here too. This gives you a chance to find your feet and replace things gradually, that a whole load of things at the one time as this is what eats away at your money.

Good luck to you and again congratulations.

Hi Just got visas today :)and only have 5 months to get organised (get a job!!) and be in Oz. Going to Adelaide and we have some stuff we want to take with us.

I would love some advice about how to start looking into shipping stuff over to Oz, we have friends in Adelaide whose address we can use.

We have double bed, fridge freezer (2 biggest items), kitchen bits n bobs, motor bike helmets, jackets, pictures, clothes, shoes etc,

What size of crates can you get and where do you go to get quotes, do they supply boxes or do you have to get your own? How did you all get your personal items over to Adelaide?

Soooo excited now we have visas, can't sleep already!!!!

Thanks for any tips. CnC :jiggy:

Congratulations on getting your visa and welcome to PIA! As you're not planning on bringing too much over, I'd recommend finding out about a shared container as it's much cheaper than a whole container to yourself. The only problem with this is that the container takes a bit longer to get to you, you have to wait until it's filled before it can sail. All parties also have to be present when the container is opened at the other end I think. As suggested, ring round a few different companies and get some quotes. Good luck!

Hi Carkyde

Congratulations on your visa!:jiggy:

The shipping company we have used three times was Transglobal in Exeter they are on 01392 362122

Can highly recommend them my contact there was Brian - they are all very helpful though. :notworthy: We did get several quotes from companies in Plymouth and Exeter but Transglobals were the best price at that time. We used them for our main shipping and also I've used them on two occassions with some excess baggage!

Good luck with everything

Cathy

Guest Rachael

Any shipping company should give you a quote for a shared container. We used Bishop's move. Our container should've arrived in the port today so once we get our stuff and unpack I'll be able to tell whether to recommend them or not.

They've been good so far, just want to see if everything's okay when we unpack before recommending them to all.

R