Been very busy since the Visa came!

Guest Martin and Val

Guest Martin and Val

Well this has been a very busy day!

I came home from work to find that the dogs were booked into Melbourne Quarantine and they fly with Qantas on 14th October. 1070.gif1070.gif

AND

We fly with Singapore Airlines on Monday 20th October! 12_1_113.gif

If anybody is on our flight please say 23_1_50.gif

SQ 319 London – Singapore

SQ 269 Singapore - Adelaide

Arrive Adelaide 22 Oct 08:50

Martin and Val

Guest HelenAndSiggi

Martin and Val,

you are so popular on PIA, I guess you will find a greeting committee at Adelaide Airport on the 22nd October at 9:00. :-)

We are very pleased that your got visas finally. Congratulations!

Siggi

Guest Martin and Val
Martin and Val,

you are so popular on PIA, I guess you will find a greeting committee at Adelaide Airport on the 22nd October at 9:00. :-)

We are very pleased that your got visas finally. Congratulations!

Siggi

Thank you very much for your kind words that is really kind of you.

Our best wishes to you, we hope your dream also comes true very soon.

Martin and Val:)

good to see you have had a quiet start to your life with a visa! ;)

Big count down starts here! Should be nice and warm by the time you get here!. Have a stress free time till you leave, if thats possible! Worth all the wait for visas etc when you have the flights booked!

Guest swampo

Hi both, Yes we will be on those flights - but we will be a few days earlier than you. We go on 9th October, arriving 11th October. Perhaps a drink to celebrate when we are all settled would be a good idea?

Kev & Mall

Guest The2ofus
Hi both, Yes we will be on those flights - but we will be a few days earlier than you. We go on 9th October, arriving 11th October. Perhaps a drink to celebrate when we are all settled would be a good idea?

Kev & Mall

Hello everyone,

we got our visa a week ago and we have booked flights for monday 9th sept, via singapore and we will arrive in adelaide on sunday 14th !!!!

Does anyone know where and when the meetings are for us brits ????

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Well september seems like it's going to be a busy month in arrivals. I often see that flight from Singapore go over in the morning. A daily occurrence! Good luck all of you.

When I pick visitors up from the airport I play "spot the migrants" as i am waiting. My mum is always last off the plane!

Good luck Martin and Val, it all comes together in the end!

sarah

Guest Martin and Val

Kev & Mall

Hi Kev & Mall,

So you get there 11 days before us, you lucky people!! Seriously don't think we will be ready for our flight yet!!

The drink sounds a great idea, we have received a PM from "kenmcfadyen" saying the same. Count us in please.

See you soon and hope all goes well.

Martin and Val

:)

Guest Martin and Val
good to see you have had a quiet start to your life with a visa!

Big count down starts here! Should be nice and warm by the time you get here!. Have a stress free time till you leave, if thats possible! Worth all the wait for visas etc when you have the flights booked!

Strees FREEEEEE?? If I had hair I would have pulled it out by now, see you soon:biglaugh:

Wow Val has been busy while you've been loafing at work.

Great to see your plans coming together. See you on the other side.

Pete

Must admit Pete, I didn’t do much at work yesterday, as I’m standing in for my boss for the next two weeks I thought I would do what he does. Sit in the office with my feet up!! :biglaugh:

See you soon and all the best to you and yours.

Well september seems like it's going to be a busy month in arrivals. I often see that flight from Singapore go over in the morning. A daily occurrence! Good luck all of you.

Will wave out the window as we come in to land, if you see our smileing faces be sure to wave back. :biglaugh:

See you soon.

When I pick visitors up from the airport I play "spot the migrants" as i am waiting. My mum is always last off the plane!

Good luck Martin and Val, it all comes together in the end!

sarah

Do you look for the shorts and long socks? That’s always a give away.

Thanks Sarah, see you soon and if I ever need my head polished I will send you a PM. :biglaugh:

Guest Griggs family

How exciting for you. It is hard to imagine actually booking the one way tickets!!! We are still at the early stages of obtaining the 3 year temporary visa with a view to being granted the permenant visa after time served!

What line of work are you both in? Do you have work arranged yet? That is the biggest worry we have about the whole move. :arghh:

Safe journey, hope it goes smoothly from now on.

Guest Martin and Val
How exciting for you. It is hard to imagine actually booking the one way tickets!!! We are still at the early stages of obtaining the 3 year temporary visa with a view to being granted the permenant visa after time served!

What line of work are you both in? Do you have work arranged yet? That is the biggest

worry we have about the whole move. :arghh:

Safe journey, hope it goes smoothly from now on.

Hi,

I used my trade as a Metal Machinist/Toolmaker for the points although my application went in as a production manager.

No job to go to. Fingers crossed for one down under. "Take the chance and see, or you will never know" is what we say.

Good luck with your application.

Congrats on the visa and good luck with it all. Just a quick question, are you going to pick your dogs up from Melbourne or having them delivered?

Also can you tell me how they had a lovely stress free journey when they arrive, my poor Hamish is quite worried about the whole affair. He shouldn't be, it cost more to send him than our family of 4!!

Guest Martin and Val
Congrats on the visa and good luck with it all. Just a quick question, are you going to pick your dogs up from Melbourne or having them delivered?

Also can you tell me how they had a lovely stress free journey when they arrive, my poor Hamish is quite worried about the whole affair. He shouldn't be, it cost more to send him than our family of 4!!

Hi Denise,

Thanks for your message. Our dogs are going to do time in Melbourne and once they are let out for good behaviour we are having them flown to Adelaide by Jet Pets. You'll have to remind us for an update when the time comes, they arrive in OZ on 16th Oct.

Know exactly what you mean about the cost! :arghh: But we can't leave them here!

Sure Hamish will be fine when the time comes.

Good luck

Martin

You guys are so organised - don't think I would get my arse into gear so quickly!:goofy: Really wish you both the very best of luck, have really enjoyed reading your posts and look forward to hearing how you get on.

Let us know how the dogs get on - we'll be taking our Border Terrier Tally - she's only 1 but already an integral part of our family.

We wish you all the very best and can't wait to hear how you get on.

Hugs

Kim and George :)