Police checks?? Quick question!

jo_marnes

Hi all,

Ok, need to get on with medicals and police checks, but just wanted to double check.

Now that things have changed with police checks lately, I just wanted to be sure that I am doing the right thing by applying for a 'police certificate' - see this website http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

I had originally thought that it would be a standard CRB check, but was told at my local police station that they don't do them for visa purposes anymore. So I have to do this certificate thing instead. I'm presuming that when we get this certificate that we attach a copy to our online visa application? Or is there more to do than that?

Thanks in advance,

Jo xxx

Guest LOOBYLOO

You're right. Police checks have now changed. We had to get Scottish police clearance and national police clearance (we lived in England until 2000). Cost us £10 per person. I think the costs have gone up (£35 per person??) but a lot more detailed . We got our's done just in time (x 3)!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Angus Clan
You're right. Police checks have now changed. We had to get Scottish police clearance and national police clearance (we lived in England until 2000). Cost us £10 per person. I think the costs have gone up (£35 per person??) but a lot more detailed . We got our's done just in time (x 3)!!

Hi

We are about to do police checks and wondered if the Police certificate would be enough , then raking through the posts I found yours re Scottish police clearance too!

We have both lived down South - me half of my life and OH briefly for a couple of years. Am a little confused :confused: (nothing new there ) - can you enlighten me plz!!!

Hope your packing going well!

Marcia