cheer me up please

sue2oz

hello all you lovely poeple taking time to read what ave got to moan about,

just need abit of TLC at the mo am feeling so down never felf this way before.

my boys went back to school today i felf so bad sending them back, when they finished in july they took their year books in for their mates to sign and took lots of photies,and the look on their faces getting out the car was awful today poor things. we thought (with abit of hope) that we would have had our golden ticket by now. been in MILs now for 12 wks(whos counting) and we are slowly loosing the will to go on!!

sorry for wafflin on but no-one understands like you guys xxxxx

going the shop now before i pick up the boys to by them lots of sweets to cheer them up! might even stop off at the offy to buy a nice white wine for meself

thanks for listening nothing like getting it off your chest hey

suexxx

Neva mind your turn will come. I'm sure your boys will cope just fine and the sweets will be just a bonus. You however need some pampering, so the wine and maybe a good DVD for when you've stuffed them all in bed.

It will all come together and you'll have a mad rush to get ready. Seems to have been the way for some of the ones coming in september. Think of it as extra time to spend with people, get some more funds together and put in some more planning.

Know it's hard to keep focused when everyone else seems to be getting their prize and you still waiting with your fingers crossed that you've not been forgotten.

You'll be fine, Liverpool(only in my opinion) breeds strong women....probably to cope with their men :D, you'll pull through and look back with humour.

Rach

Guest vikkiann

Try and keep your chin up. Hopefully the golden ticket is just around the corner. I know how you feel our son told his friends he'd be moving to Australia and they all think he is telling fairy tales. A bottle of wine always helps especially when accompanied by chocolates!

Vikki

Hello Sue,

So sorry to hear that you are so down. I heartily agree with Rach that seeing it as extra time for saving and planning is a good idea. Other peoples ideas are not always easy to agree with though are they? Especially when you feel so low. It will all happen soon enough - maybe ask Martin's mum for a spell, after all it worked for him.

Take care of you and do whatever is necessary to soothe yourself - for me, a glass of wine could never cut it, but a bar of Cadburys? Now you're talking!

Good luck and God bless, Cazzie x

Guest BAZnDAF

I have to admit that this process is one of 'rush around, stop and wait, rush around, stop and wait', thats how is has been for us, we cope by just beleiving that eventually things will happen, I know the wait is going to be long. I have personally looked at it as a way of being able to save a little more money for our first few months, as each month goes by, so the savings increase. This makes me feel a whole lot better. As for the kids, yeah I can see why they didn't relish the thought of starting back to school.

One thing is for sure, this is NOT a quick process.

Hang in there Sue, it will happen.

Barry

Guest Hansonhouse

I know exactly how you feel, mine go back next week, my eldest has got to start Comprehensive and I really really planned for us to go to Oz this week (stupid ddddduuuuurrrr) so that he wouldn't have to start two new schools.

I decided to completely tempt fate and buy the full uniform, new shoes for both etc etc and low and behold we heard that we had a case officer on Saturday when we got back from rainy yorkshire (with the mother in law).

The case officer sent us a Statement of Values form for us to both sign but hasn't requested anything else.......

Looking at everyone else's story though, it could be 3 days it could be 3 months, now pinning my hopes on being in Oz for Xmas!!!!!!!

I'd go with everyone's suggestion, wine, chocolate, DVD, long soak in the bath, some candles and I'll bet the kids haven't been bothered at all about school, bet they have loved seeing their mates for a bit longer. It's me that's bothered yet mine are being really cool about it, bless them.....

Chin up, that Golden Ticket will be here soon.........

Roz

Hi Sue,

I have seen someone go through the exact same thing as you....my bestie found a buyer for their house before their visa was even offered, sold, then moved into her much-loved parent's house. Their eldest started high school and though he was loathe to start - he hadn't expected to be there either!- he had a whale of a time.

They loved living there,but it isn't like having your own home, so after a few months moved into rented accomodation. A few more months rolled by, then their visa came. Brilliant except that by now, it had been some months between their medicals/police checks and so they had less than three months to validate their visa! (Or provide new documents and thus delay the process/spend more money.)

They've now been here (Victoria :goofy:) nearly four years and those rotten months of not-knowing and living in limbo are just a faint, irrelevant memory. I'm sure you'll get here, sure the kids will be just fine- the novelty of them being back will only last a couple of hours/days and now they will be able to say a 'proper' goodbye-, and I'm sure you're already used to people stating the obvious with the 'Oh! Haven't you gone yet?'! Just relax and enjoy the few extra weeks of being round the people you love in the knowledge that the longer you wait the better our weather will be!

You're not alone!!!

:wubclub:LC

Hi Sue

What can i say. Everyone has given such great advise on pampering yourself and good idea about the sweets for the boys. As everyone says think of the bit of extra money you can save. I know you'd much rather be there but every penny counts. Hope everything works out and you get there soon. Good luck.

Emma +

Alicia (6)

Hi Sue,

we have all been there at some point waiting on the visa to come, it's natural that you are getting down as you have geared yourself up for your new life and the old one is hanging around a little longer than you want it too.

We went through some really awful days, where we felt depressed and fed up, but we used to try and turn it into fun days.

Here's one example:

Australia Day

We made a corner of the kitchen into a bar and the kids would make up signs and name the bar, it was called THE BILBY BAR, this was their area to pour and serve them (we had to pay for our drinks!).

We would also have a bbq if the weather held up or we would put it in the oven and just pretend it was a bbq.

We put a basin of water in the kitchen with towels round it, to pretend it was the ocean with sand round it. (the kids loved this)

We would play video games together in the lounge or watch an australian movie or play australian music on Youtube.

I know it may sound silly to some, but this gave us so many happy, good fun memories of our wait.

Stay positive it's got to come at sometime x

Hey Sue,

Sorry to read your down.

Well, try and keep it in mind that when you do get here its for good.

you will be here soon,

here's a joke to cheer you up.

Little Jonny in the classroom says to the teacher

" hey Miss I ain't got no pencils.

the teacher says

"Jonny its I have no pencils, we have no pencils, they have no pencils and so forth.

Jonny says

"well who got all the F*****G pencils then.

HOPE IT HELPS,

Lauraxxxxxxxxx

my boys went back to school today i felf so bad sending them back, when they finished in july they took their year books in for their mates to sign and took lots of photies,and the look on their faces getting out the car was awful today poor things. we thought (with abit of hope) that we would have had our golden ticket by now. been in MILs now for 12 wks(whos counting) and we are slowly loosing the will to go on!!

going the shop now before i pick up the boys to by them lots of sweets to cheer them up! might even stop off at the offy to buy a nice white wine for meself

suexxx

Hi Sue,

I have seen someone go through the exact same thing as you....my bestie found a buyer for their house before their visa was even offered, sold, then moved into her much-loved parent's house. Their eldest started high school and though he was loathe to start - he hadn't expected to be there either!- he had a whale of a time.

They loved living there,but it isn't like having your own home, so after a few months moved into rented accomodation. A few more months rolled by, then their visa came. Brilliant except that by now, it had been some months between their medicals/police checks and so they had less than three months to validate their visa! (Or provide new documents and thus delay the process/spend more money.)

They've now been here (Victoria :goofy:) nearly four years and those rotten months of not-knowing and living in limbo are just a faint, irrelevant memory. I'm sure you'll get here, sure the kids will be just fine- the novelty of them being back will only last a couple of hours/days and now they will be able to say a 'proper' goodbye-, and I'm sure you're already used to people stating the obvious with the 'Oh! Haven't you gone yet?'! Just relax and enjoy the few extra weeks of being round the people you love in the knowledge that the longer you wait the better our weather will be!

You're not alone!!!

:wubclub:LC

As LC says , once youve been here a fair while,you look back and dont really look at the " old " problems. As in another thread at the mo , we had people pulling out at exchange, and fought to get it exchanged with the 2nd lot!:arghh:. Been here well over 2 years now and its a distant memory. yOull get here one way or the other.......................then...................the hard work starts:)

Guest cunnah10

suexxx

Hun i know exactly how you are feeling!!!!

Sent my Jack off to High School yesterday as you know i had no intention of him starting and hoped to be about to set off on that plane to oz!Also got the other 3 kids going to school tomorrow and Matthew has only just turned 4 and will be starting full time now seeing as we could be here for another 6 weeks plus yet!

It isn't easy is it and it just drains you!My friend popped in yesterday and said i looked completely wiped out(and she is right).

We have 6 seats now on hold (talk about taking a chance)to fly out Monday 13th October and we also have a tenant moving in around then BUT as you now we still have NO VISA!!!!

Sometimes i think we must be crazy!

Watch this space as it will either all fit into place for us (even at the last minute)or it will all go

T. . TS UP!!!!

Chin up sue ...........xxxxxxxx

can i thank you friends for all your lovely replies,done what you said nice bottle of ros'e wine(for a change) and a good ole cadburys star bar cheered me up no end.

Lent a dvd of me mate "ps i love you" sobbed me heart out i did(one for the gurlies)

but it made me relise what a wonderful husband i have and lucky to have the family and friends that we have too, and also am lucky to have the chance to live the dream so they say(getting abit mushy here)

today have sorted afew girlie nights out starting friday in town! bbq,s and nights in having a bev or 10 gonna make the most of it like you advised me to.

thanks again love you all suexxx

p.s the kids have got no teeth left!!!!!

Guest Alipally

Good on ya Sue!

Keep on going it'll come around fast enough! With a whole new set of stresses. Kids are resilient, they'll take it in their stride... safe in the knowledge that they don't have to finish the school year...

Where's your application up to?

Good on ya Sue!

Keep on going it'll come around fast enough! With a whole new set of stresses. Kids are resilient, they'll take it in their stride... safe in the knowledge that they don't have to finish the school year...

Where's your application up to?

its with a case officer now ready to go to decision maker!!!!!

thanks for your kind words

Guest jackieh

Hi Sue

Make sure you make the most of this time with your family and friends!! We have been here since the end of June and like you could not wait to get here. But some days I am so lonely, mad because I have a great job, fab husband, two beautiful dogs , lovely house and a small group of friends BUT true friendship takes time to establish so PLEASE make the most of yours before you say goodbye to them!!!

I always try to keep in mind the words of John Lennon "life is what happens when you're busy making other plans"!!! Live life for today, tomorrow will come.

I am sure the children will be fine, and looking particularly lovely with their toothless grins!!

relax and enjoy yourself!!

Jackie