Scanned docs

Guest Carkyde

Guest Carkyde

Hi thought I would give a little bit of advice to anyone starting the visa process. We found it tedious but quicker to colour scan all supporting documents and send to the case officer.

I arranged everything into piles showing evidence for work, relationship, education/qualifications, photos, bills, police check evidence etc. It was a really boring task but it means you don't have to suffer the snail mail of Royal Mail and Auspost!!

We bought a cheap scanner £35. The only issue was that case officer never acknowledged receiving the docs, but we did send several emails asking questions and they never responded to one!!

Took our 175 visa 11 months to process start to finish!! Lodged 29 Sept 07, Medicals 14 Feb 08, visa granted 27 Aug 08!!

Defo recommend colour scanning, as it means you don't need solicitor to verify.

Hope this helps

Hello, thanks for tips and congrats!

Just a quick question when you front loaded the documents, did it still show as required until you got a case officer? our agent said it has been done but on the "electronic application status inquiry" still shows as required ... the ones that we were told were done are now in black but saying required, the ones still to do show in blue and underlined saying required .... does this make sense?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Guest BAZnDAF

Another point to note:

We had to get a Statutory Declaration from my ex wife regarding the kids, and because this was printed in black ink, stamped by the solicitor in black in and also signed by the solicitor in black ink, I was requested to also get a certified copy of the document, because a colour scan of a totally black and white document may not suffice.

Barry

Guest rockpool crab

Just a quick question when you front loaded the documents, did it still show as required until you got a case officer? our agent said it has been done but on the "electronic application status inquiry" still shows as required ... the ones that we were told were done are now in black but saying required, the ones still to do show in blue and underlined saying required .... does this make sense?

Hi there, We front loaded all documents too and our said electronic app. said "required" for months. Only today (since we've had a CO assigned) when I went back in and selected "checklist" that it now says "met" at all of my stuff except the police checks which just says now "requested"..but I've sent them off today, so they'll have them.

I guess they don't update this form till you're getting close to a Case Officer...but I'm just guessing. Maybe Martin or Val could validate that part.

Hope that's a wee bitty helpful.

Cheers for now ... Carol Ann....x

Guest rockpool crab

Hi..I just reread a note I received from DIAC (Automatic note) after sending off a PDF to them..it says....

"The on-line checklist will only be updated with received documents once

your case has been allocated to and assessed by a Case Officer. Once all

requested documents have been received and assessed by a Case Officer,

checks will be undertaken. Upon completion of the checks, your application

will then be forwarded to a Decision Maker to finalise. Please understand

that there will be a delay between the transfer of your file from a Case Officer to a Decision Maker. Thank you for your patience with this."

TTFN... Carol Ann

Guest vikkiann

Our documents all said required until we had a case officer when they changed to met, they requested garry's police checks even though we had sent them(we ended up sending them 3 times), they had mine though! When we sent them the 3rd time our visa was granted the next day so i don't know how the decision maker works.

Vikki

Guest rockpool crab
Our documents all said required until we had a case officer when they changed to met, they requested garry's police checks even though we had sent them(we ended up sending them 3 times), they had mine though! When we sent them the 3rd time our visa was granted the next day so i don't know how the decision maker works.

Vikki

OMG..the next day..eeeeeeek..lol. I had it in my head it might be at least another month ..or even maybe two or more..based on Martin and Vals experience. I would faint if I phoned tomorrow and they said it was done...but it'd be a happy faint..I'd collapse with a smile on my face.

Cheers for that info Vikki...ttfn..Carol Ann

Guest vikkiann

Carol

Don't quote me though, lol.

You can see how long it took us from getting a case officer to visa in our signature.

We phoned Adelaide wednesday night, agent sent pc's again thursday morning and we was granted friday. You could have knocked me down with a feather when our agent called us!

Hopefully not long.

Vikki