Not quite..but at least it's moved!

Guest rockpool crab

Guest rockpool crab

Hi there,

I got an email today from our case officer..wooooot...

COSIMO DONATI

Case Officer

Anyways..apparently we need to send our police checks. We already sent these to VC in December 2007 and unfortunately I didn't photo copy..can't believe I never..but I never..all I've got is the receipts that we got when we picked up from police station. So annoyed at myself. Have written to Clare though and hopefully she has the originals.

I did scan the recepits and sent those to DIAC. Fingers crossed that might be enough.

They had also attached a form 47P, but as far as I can see that is just information, doesn't seem to be anything to sign and just shows what police clearances are needed for all countries.

Still..woooooooooooot..we've got a CO...it's moving on. Will get OH to check with Police Station today, maybe they keep a copy if you show the receipts..mmm..long shot.

Fingers crossed it moves quickly.

Thanks for listening.... Carol Ann ..x

Guest cunnah10
Hi there,

I got an email today from our case officer..wooooot...

COSIMO DONATI

Case Officer

Anyways..apparently we need to send our police checks. We already sent these to VC in December 2007 and unfortunately I didn't photo copy..can't believe I never..but I never..all I've got is the receipts that we got when we picked up from police station. So annoyed at myself. Have written to Clare though and hopefully she has the originals.

I did scan the recepits and sent those to DIAC. Fingers crossed that might be enough.

They had also attached a form 47P, but as far as I can see that is just information, doesn't seem to be anything to sign and just shows what police clearances are needed for all countries.

Still..woooooooooooot..we've got a CO...it's moving on. Will get OH to check with Police Station today, maybe they keep a copy if you show the receipts..mmm..long shot.

Fingers crossed it moves quickly.

Thanks for listening.... Carol Ann ..x

Not long now hopefully............will keeping watching this space!

Guest rockpool crab
Hi Carol Ann

Congratulations, another step closer.

Can I ask, when did you submit your visa application as you do not have a time line?

Howard.

Hi,..I'm so lazy re the timeline as I can't remember when we got our Sponsorship so didn't want to look daft and not put it..eeee...so..here goes...

Started whole process with VC February 2007

Gathering info and finally e-lodged on 30th November 2007

(Gathering info means SA Sponsorship and Australian Computer Society accreditation for work and Qualifications)

Police checks and medicals done on 19th December 2007

3rd September: Case Officer asked us for Police checks. Working on that now.

I could dig back for the SA sponsorship date ..but at work ..best get on..lol...although concentration well and truly out of the window!

Bye for now..Carol Ann

congrats on the case officer it is a big step forward. if needed you can do the police report quicker by paying a bit extra. yes the the form 47P is just information of where to go to get the police checks. u mentioned going to the police station, but you can't get there from there you have to mail it - see site http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/47p.pdf

but i guess you already know this, but for other people in case they dont know where to go ...

Guest rockpool crab
congrats on the case officer it is a big step forward. if needed you can do the police report quicker by paying a bit extra. yes the the form 47P is just information of where to go to get the police checks. u mentioned going to the police station, but you can't get there from there you have to mail it - see site http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

but i guess you already know this, but for other people in case they dont know where to go ...

Hi there,...thanks for the advice..I never knew that to be honest as it was my agent who would have done this part of it initially. So cheers for the link.

The agent sent me the pdf of the police checks and when I tried to upload them using the DIAC tool it refused as the file size was too large. Made me wonder if this is what happened the first time when the agent did it only maybe she never noticed. Anyways..I converted each page to a .jpg and crunched them all done and away it went so I'm hoping that'll be fine.

The web link I use to check how things are progressing has definitely moved on and there are now lots of "mets" at my bit, with a "requested" for the police checks. I can't wait for 5.45am tomorrow..defo phoning..at least this time I'll feel I've got something to actually ask..lol.

Cheers for all the good wishes folks.

TTFN... Carol Ann.

Guest rockpool crab

Hi there,

This isn't looking good. Just phoned up aspc and they said the law has changed and that since the time of e-lodging the pdf of police checks I sent yesterday are old. Obviously they weren't lodged with the application...sigh.

It now looks like we will have to shell out £280 to have them done as a "premium" service or £140 for standard service. This cost us £30 last year..tenner each and our Kieran wasn't 12 so he didn't count..now he is 12. The form looks like a fair bit of work too 8 pages long and have to have passport photos verified etc.

Unbelievable..not a happy bunny.

I've written to acpo and attached the original police checks and appealed to their better nature seeing as we did all this last December...surely they should still count and be valid for a year?

:sad:

Catch you all later...Carol Ann

Guest Lulujim
Hi there,

This isn't looking good. Just phoned up aspc and they said the law has changed and that since the time of e-lodging the pdf of police checks I sent yesterday are old. Obviously they weren't lodged with the application...sigh.

It now looks like we will have to shell out £280 to have them done as a "premium" service or £140 for standard service. This cost us £30 last year..tenner each and our Kieran wasn't 12 so he didn't count..now he is 12. The form looks like a fair bit of work too 8 pages long and have to have passport photos verified etc.

I've written to acpo and attached the original police checks and appealed to their better nature seeing as we did all this last December...surely they should still count and be valid for a year?

Hi Carol Ann,

I bet you're not a happy bunny - I would be Fuming!! :mad: Have you asked for your money back from Claire? I know you seem on fairly good terms with you - but she must have breached her side of the contract?

Hope you can get it all resolved.

Re: the Police Checks we didn't pay for the express service and got them back in less than a week anyway... before the cheque had even cleared!

Good luck with it all x x

Guest cunnah10
Hi there,

Bit worried and confused by all this!

We paper lodged our 475 SIR December 17th 07 and police clearances were sent out Jan 08 (think we paid £10 each for them)

If the law has changed does this mean we too will come across the same problem when our application goes to a case officer(please god tell me we won't as we have taken a chance booked flights 13th Oct and got tenant moving into our house also)i knew we were taking a chance doing this BUT if we too fall into this problem then we really will be in S . .T street!!!

HELP!!!!!!

Guest cunnah10
hi there,...thanks for the advice..i never knew that to be honest as it was my agent who would have done this part of it initially. So cheers for the link.

The agent sent me the pdf of the police checks and when i tried to upload them using the diac tool it refused as the file size was too large. Made me wonder if this is what happened the first time when the agent did it only maybe she never noticed. Anyways..i converted each page to a .jpg and crunched them all done and away it went so i'm hoping that'll be fine.

The web link i use to check how things are progressing has definitely moved on and there are now lots of "mets" at my bit, with a "requested" for the police checks. I can't wait for 5.45am tomorrow..defo phoning..at least this time i'll feel i've got something to actually ask..lol.

Cheers for all the good wishes folks.

Ttfn... Carol ann.

carol ann can i ask what web link do you use to check your progress?

Guest rockpool crab
carol ann can i ask what web link do you use to check your progress?

Hi there, sorry for not answering sooner I didn't get a notification in my email..how odd. Here it is anyways...

https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa

Also...back on the "Police checks" thing. I wrote to my old agent Clare Molnar about this and here's what she said...

"Hi Carol Ann

I have looked at your PCC's and they are the Scottish ones. When there was a query (previously) I would suggest that a statutory declaration be done stating that the person had not resided outside of Scotland for longer than 12 months in the last 10 years. Although saying that, I never had that issue with a skills case, only once with a spouse case. Scottish clearances have always been accepted.

I am aware that full clearances are now done through ACPO, which can be applied for online, and are generally alot quicker, but are also more expensive.

I have not been made aware at any time that clearances other than these new ones are no longer accepted, and we are still sending these to DIAC for our clients.

Perhaps you could contact your case officer and request it in writing as to exactly why the ones you have done will not be accepted.

Best regards

CLare"

I've written to the case officer..although it's just a generic email, but haven't heard a thing back. I'm hoping as these letters were dated in December that they are still valid. Not really sure what to do..don't want to spend money on them if not needed..but if that's the only thing that's holding up the visa then I guess I might. Still pondering this one.

Catch you all later... Carol Ann

Hello Carol Ann - i thought you might want to know, we did the police report on the service that takes about 10 days and it was fine. we sent it on the 26/08 or 27/08 and received it today 06/09. So it takes exactly 10 working days. we did an extra copy for £5, it think is worthed since I have read that quite a few people have lost theirs.