20ft container

Guest vikkiann

Guest vikkiann

We have had companies in to give us a quote regarding moving our furniture.

We need a full 20ft container, we have been quoted £4100, is this the normal price? Insurance is extra, £30 per £1000 of cover.

Vikki

Guest Alipally

Shipping costs are going up all the time. 4100 plus insurance is sounding about right... and 3% is pretty standard for insurance.

My advice... go with the shipper who makes you feel safe and looked after. Being worried about your choice isn't good for the stress levels and let's face it, we're stressed enough, with moving to the other side of the world, finding jobs, homes, cars, new friends, new schools, etc etc.... And if you're shipping the dog as well.... I didn't sleep for two nights....

Then if you apply for jobs here, there's interviews late at night and early in the morning.... burning the candle at both ends, it's exhausting!!!

Guest jackieh

Hi Vikki

sounds about right to me too. Do check your home contents insurance before you get the removalists insurance, ours covered us for the move, so did not need to pay extra. Thankfully nothing much really damaged in the move just a few small things.

you will need to pay a customs charge in Adelaide $200 approx ( i think) so be prepared for this.

Jackie