Academic Transcript

Guest Lisado

Hi all

We are coming over on a 475 Visa and I have been asked to send VETASSES a copy of my academic transcript. Of course the university don't seem to be able to prodce one and so I have had to ask them to do a letter from the registrars office to say I did attend university and that I passed my course. This is delaying my application and I am becoming so frustrated. :arghh:

Has anyone else experinced this problem in their VETASSES?

If I wasn't at work - I'd have hit the wine!

Lisa

Lisado,

As a teacher I had to provide an academic transcript to get registered. I didn't know such a thing existed, it delayed my registration by about 6 weeks. (The time it took my Uni to process and post my transcript). Then the Teachers Registration Board (TRB) wanted to know how many hours I'd spent on teaching practice, almost 20 years ago! Oz is great, but they certainly love their bureaucratic(sp) systems. If there's a box to be ticked, they love to tick it! I totally empathise with your frustration.

Thanks for that Bodie - I feel better now. I got a letter from the uni but they got my dates etc mixed up and so had to go back again and correct them. Three weeks this is taking - driving me nuts. I just want to get through this phase - I'm home now and I have poured wine because I am fed up. What annoys me is, I work 10 mins from the uni and it is taking this long, yet my hubby from South Africa got his faxed on the same day!!!!!:nah:

Guest kenmcfadyen

I phoned my university faculty office directly and spoke to the person who prepares them for each undergraduate. They looked my name up on the computer, printed it out while I was on the phone and I got it the next day. I find it rather strange that your university can't provide you with this, even if it was a long time ago, I would have thought that academic transcripts are not the type of thing that vanish into the ether!

As for registration - don't get me started - I had a very naive belief that Australia would have learned from the ridiculous bureaucracy of the British and dispense with most it - boy was I wrong! To register as a clinical psychologist I have had to have my UK qualifications assessed by the Australian Psychological Society (APS), (which I would have expected). Following that I then had to have my qualifications, training and experience assessed for the Psychological Board of South Australia. Following that I have had to have the same again assessed to become a member of the College of Clinical Psychologist (run by the APS) which is essential for Medicare reimbursement when I start practice. Each step was $500 and was beginning to think it was a pretty good money making scheme and not much else! I have had to collate and send literally hundreds of pages of documents at various stages over the last 6 months, so needless to say, my belief about red tape and Australia has been well and truly shattered!!!!!!!!! My partner, who is a GP has had similar rigmarole! It's a good job we really want to go! Rant over.

Ken