visa update phoned immig this morn!not good news

Guest cunnah10

Guest cunnah10

Hi guys

Phoned immigration early this morning requesting an update as to what stage our 475 visa application was at as we had expected to have heard by now!

IF the person i spoke to has got it correct then it is not good news for us!

Paper lodged Dec 17th 07

Police checks sent Jan08

Meds sent May 08

We have NOT been allocated a case officer yet.............and worse than that i was told it would be AT LEAST ANOTHER 2 MONTHS BEFORE WE ARE!!!!!!:sad:

Apparently their records show that they are still only upto Nov 25th 07 and that they have no idea if they are getting through 1 a day at the moment or 1 a week!

So how can we be told that it will be AT LEAST ANOTHER 2 MONTHS????

some guys on here got their visa last week and they lodged their applications early December 07 so it doesn't make sense!

As you know we have flights on hold for OCTOBER 13th and we have a family moving into our house to rent long term also October and worse than that we have a rental we have agreed to take over in OZ also October (which if we lose i will be gutted)

Why is this such a stressful,soul destroying,exhausting rollercoaster....i am slowly running out of energy and enthusiasm for anything!!!:mad:

Any advise,help or info very much appreciated!

Just going to pour vodka over my cornflakes to numb the pain!!!:goofy:

Guest cunnah10
Hi guys

Phoned immigration early this morning requesting an update as to what stage our 475 visa application was at as we had expected to have heard by now!

IF the person i spoke to has got it correct then it is not good news for us!

Paper lodged Dec 17th 07

Police checks sent Jan08

Meds sent May 08

We have NOT been allocated a case officer yet.............and worse than that i was told it would be AT LEAST ANOTHER 2 MONTHS BEFORE WE ARE!!!!!!:sad:

Apparently their records show that they are still only upto Nov 25th 07 and that they have no idea if they are getting through 1 a day at the moment or 1 a week!

So how can we be told that it will be AT LEAST ANOTHER 2 MONTHS????

some guys on here got their visa last week and they lodged their applications early December 07 so it doesn't make sense!

As you know we have flights on hold for OCTOBER 13th and we have a family moving into our house to rent long term also October and worse than that we have a rental we have agreed to take over in OZ also October (which if we lose i will be gutted)

Why is this such a stressful,soul destroying,exhausting rollercoaster....i am slowly running out of energy and enthusiasm for anything!!!:mad:

Any advise,help or info very much appreciated!

Just going to pour vodka over my cornflakes to numb the pain!!!:goofy:

Just spoke to our agent who also phoned them and he reckons they are just telling us what it will tell us if we sent a blank e mail to them asking for updates!

He says they haven't updated in the last 4 weeks and so it still reads November 25th!

Told me to take no notice and thinks we should get it through before next 2 months!

He has also sent them an email of all our flight details that are booked for October 13th in hope that this may help push things along!

Thank god it's friday.................the wine is chilling.........and i need a chinese takeaway as a comfort tonight i have just told my OH!

Hi there,

when we were waiting on our visa, I was watching the time lines on here an estimated that we would have it by the end of january. The agent told us we were looking at May.

Our visa came in on the 30th January.

I know it is easy for me to say, but try not to fret too much, it will happen, they just try to give you the worst case scenario.

I will watch with interest and wait on your thread saying "It's finally our turn".

Take care and keep your eye on the prize x

Guest cunnah10
Hi there,

when we were waiting on our visa, I was watching the time lines on here an estimated that we would have it by the end of january. The agent told us we were looking at May.

Our visa came in on the 30th January.

I know it is easy for me to say, but try not to fret too much, it will happen, they just try to give you the worst case scenario.

I will watch with interest and wait on your thread saying "It's finally our turn".

Take care and keep your eye on the prize x

Arr thanks for that!

I am hoping it will sooner rather than later!

so not nice your life on hold and in the hands of somebody else thathas no idea the stress this rollercoater ride put us under!

By the time i get to oz i'll be too mentally exhausted to appreciate it for the first few months!

I had no idea it was going to be such a rough ride!

Wil keep you posted

Guest graandjac

:)Your going to have to chill gill.......it will happen when it happens, and you have still got the leaving arrival thing to do ...thats when the stress really kicks in :goofy:its all a pain but going to have to go with the flow. cheers Graham

Guest cunnah10
:)Your going to have to chill gill.......it will happen when it happens, and you have still got the leaving arrival thing to do ...thats when the stress really kicks in :goofy:its all a pain but going to have to go with the flow. cheers Graham

Hi Graham

I know i need to CHILL (wish i could) easier said than done though!

But i promise to try!

Hope it's all going well your end!