OH NO - WHAT DO I DO!!!!!!!!!!

Guest paulocon

Guest paulocon

Hi Everyone - Got a major major issue to resolve!! Those who know me know that we wanted to originally got to Queensland and SA. But I have now just received a job offer from a company in Brisbane with an offer from them to sponsor me via an employer visa etc.. This is what I really want but so far down the line with our SA visa and so dont know what to do. Can anyone shed any light on what I may have to do if I decide to cahnge my visa application at this late stage - AND SHOULD I GO FOR IT IN BRISBANE!! Arrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!!! HELP!!!!

Paul

Guest bev_stef

Hi Paul

Sorry Paul, don't know what to advice, do you have an agent who can help with the change of visa??

Good Luck, Hope it all works out ok for you.

Bev

YikES!! Paul....what a dilemma.........

I know that you were going for a SIR temp visa and I suppose that the employers visa thing would be permanent ...so thats better...on the other side, it would mean that you would have to stay with that employer for a time....not a bad thing...

..the other thing is, is that you did really want Brisbane at the beginning. Dunno, hand on heart, I think I would go with the Brisbane thing....you'd have a job, you'd have a permanent visa, and you'd be in the place where you wanted to be.

go for it.

...on the other hand, stay in adelaide, was hoping you'd get me some leads into a job! :lol:

Speak soon

sarahx

Can't really advise but we visited Brisbane last year, stayed in the CBD, we were all in holiday mode but a couple of things IMO are:

Its not close to the beaches

House prices have gone up

Having said that its only an hour or so from the Gold Coast with Surfers Paradise & IMO it was beautiful but very humid even for April :)

Good Luck

Angela

Guest The Bowmans

Hi Paul

What a dilemma for you! I love Brisbane and Adelaide and we originally has sponsorship for our 495 last year from the QLD government. John's trade was in demand in Maroochyshire but by the time we went for reccie it was off the list and there weren't many jobs about so that sort of made our decision for us.

I agree that a permanent visa and job is very attractive. I suppose it all comes down to whether you want to be in Adelaide or Brissie........

Great weather in Brissie, but very humid and much less house for your $.

It's a tough call and I wish I could be more help.

Keep us posted.

Deena

Guest jen&ian

Hi Paul,

For my part I think the lure of a permanant visa and a solid job offer would swing it for us. Depends how long you would be tied in with the employers. Once you are there you've got the rest of your life to move interstate if you want to.

Jen :D

Guest stufi1997

Dood,... take the job! I would, the usual tie's i've heard of are two years.....some people are still trying to get in after this time. as for humid , well your a designer... office... air con... ! THE CHOICE IS YOURS. good luck watever.

Guest paulocon

Hi All, Ta for all your help and advise - BUT I'm still no wiser has what to do!! I have spoke to our agents, but they didnt really help me much!!

Will keep you posted has it develops!!!!

Paul

Hi Paul and Sharon

I thought you had gone quiet for a while.

I really don't know what to say. You told us when we met up that you wanted to be in Brisbane so maybe this is your chance.

We will miss you in Adelaide though (when we get there), but we will both have somewhere to go on holiday!!

Keep us posted.

Paula and Adrian

Guest happy-jools

Oh difficult one for you guys. Hope whatever you chose is the right decision for you. Whatever make the most of it and dont look back.

Good luck.:eek:

Guest paulocon

Hi all, just to update you - according to our agents I would only qualify for a temporary visa even with a permanent job offer (not sure why and how this works) but this is what they have said. Therefore now this offer is not so attractive especially with no chance of getting PR at the end of it. Can anyone shed any light on this as surely someone else out there must be going out to Adelaide with a job offer on a permanent visa!!!

The employer in Brisbane has told me that he will speak to his Local Politician about the matter and the Queensland Printing Association has they have a big employement problem at the moment in the trade.

So not sure where I stand at the minute and this is really messing with my head!!!!!!

Paul

Guest Russfamily

Summers in brisbane can be hell within 5 mins of being outside the sweat is dripping off you and i mean dripping off you, and yes theres no beaches in brisbane itself but they do have one of the best water parks just a few kilometers south and nimbins only round the corner if u fancy a joint. i myself didnt fall in love with brisbane but we are all different

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rockpool crab

Hi there,

I think the permanent residency, with the job sponsorship sounds brill.

Can I ask..how did you get the job? Were you applying through agencies?

I'm hoping to pass my ACS shortly and I'm thinking of applying for jobs before visa comes through. Looking at it as another route to get there really.

Best of luck with your choice...I'm sure it'll be the right one for you.

kind regards

Carol Ann

Guest paulocon

Hi Carol Ann, thanks for message - I just started to target companies in my relevant field of industry and just by chance someone passed my details onto this company by chance - So I feel quite lucky. But do email propspective employers to see what kind of response you get - mine have been quite favourable.

Let us know how you get on and good luck - get emailing them.

You might need to send them a copy of your CV - I did and also sent them PDF versions of my current work samples etc.

Hope that helps a little

Regards

Paul x

Guest Aussiebound

Good luck with your decision - what a dilemma. I must admit I thought after 2 years of being sponsered with a company you got PR. Oh dear. We where also torn between Adelaide and Brisbane (and Perth), chose Adelaide over Brisbane purely due to the weather, Neil a metal fabricator - very hot work in a very hot climate!

Sure something will come up soon to sway you one way or the other

Guest stephb

hey paul, i dont know any more about your situation than youve put in this thread, but thought id chuck a comment in anyway! it sounds like you had got your head quite into gear for heading to SA, so can see why it would be messing with your head. It may be just how ive read this, but is it possible that actually you were quite happy with the sa idea and thats why this has caused such stress? this might sound very basic, and you may well have done it already, but have you tried writing a list of pluses and negatives about brissy vs s.a? sometimes seeing things written down can help them feel clearer? obviously you'll be in a better position to choose once you have all the info (sorry i cant help with that bit either!). remember just because the offer is there does not mean you wouldnt get other offers in S.a, that option is no less good than it was before. So as much as it is confusing, you are no worse off than you were before, if you see what i mean?! best of luck choosing anyway, and remember that whatever you do it does not have to be permanent. there will be other chances to move, other jobs and all the rest...! steph