Where to stay on a reccie?

Guest vikkiann

Guest vikkiann

Hi all

We are going to come over in December to activate our visa, i would be gobsmacked if our house is sold by then considering it has been on the market since May and we haven't had a single offer despiting reducing it by another 10k this week. I say it as if £10,000 is nothing, all our hard earned cash going to waste. I'm getting fed up with keep reducing it.

The thought of a holiday in December sounds fantastic, we didn't really have a summer this year.

Can anybody give me any tips on where would be a nice area to stay or advise where not to stay! We will be bringing our lovely children who are 1, 2, 6 & 10. Not looking forward to that flight, lol!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vikki

Guest familygood

Hello,

We visited Adelaide a couple of years ago and stayed in Glenelg which is lovely. It has a gorgeous beach, loads of nice bars/restaurants and some nice shops/markets. There is a tram into the city which is easy to use. I would reccommend this for a family holiday and a good base to explore Adelaide. Everything is fairly near anyway so you wont find it hard to get around. Definitely try to get up to the Adelaide Hills and Haandorf and Mount Barker. Also the Barossa Valley is stunning. (Take a taxi round the winerys!!!)

Have a brilliant time - I would love to be able to go out there before we hopfully get our visa..

Emma

Hi when we went over the last time we had a mobile home and stayed down at west beach Adelaide Shores and enjoyed it. It tended to be australians who were there which gave us a real feel for the place. We are staying in the same place this year but in a cabin as we are coming up from melbourne by car this time. There are two resorts one more expensive I think geared for tourists and the other where we stayed had a pool, jumpin pillow etc. Works out under £100 a night for all six of us as it has two bedrooms, tv,dvd etc.

Anywhere down by the beach would be great in summer. Glenelg gets very busy in the summer holidays as a lot of country people come to town to stay there ...bit of tradition etc. The beach is great for little kids and there are shops for chips n icecream and a Maccas.

The West Beach caravan park is good for families too. Also look at Henley, which has a really nice beach and a nice square with cafes and restaurants. Further north you could look at Semaphore, which has a miniature railway, and usually a small funfair over the holidays. The high st at Semaphore has lots of small shops n cafes etc.

From any of these areas there are good roads that will lead you to the other suburbs to have a look around. All these suburbs have good public transport too.

Guest cornish Busdriver

Hiya.

We stayed at Directors Studios on Gouger street last year.

Cant fault them, but we just used it as a base.

Staff were realy helpfull and friendly and were staying there again this year in november.