any advice life insurance to cover us on our mortgage in the UK when living in oz?

Guest cunnah10

Guest cunnah10

Hi Guys

As we are now going to be renting our house out very soon to a family longterm we will need life insurance to cover us should either one of us should die ie: the mortgage will be paid off!

Having trouble getting this though due to the fact that we will not be living in the UK but in Australia but will still have our mortgage to be covered here as we have not sold the house just renting it out!

Can anybody help?

Quite a few of you guys have rented your houses out in the UK and moved to OZ so must have got yourselves sorted with the life cover!

Thanks in advance for any info

Gill

Hi Gill,

We are renting our house out and we were able to keep our life insurance that we took out when we bought the house as long as we sent the company a letter saying that were living in oz. They said as the insurance covered the mortgage it didnt matter where we were living. Hope this helps I cant remember off hand who we are with but I am sure I can dig it out somewhere if you want the name of the company.

Thanks Liz

Hey Gill,

yer you will encounter that issue as you are moving abroad and know this at time of application. Quite a few Life companies will be a bit cautious in offering cover.

I think that you are coming over on either a 475 or 495, you can look at taking cover out in Australia if you cannot find someone that will cover you there. I can arrange this for you. I have access to a wide range of Life Insurance companies and have previously arranged cover for clients on those visa types.

I think you are coming to see me anyway re Pensions so will be happy to discuss this all then!

Regards,

Andy.

Hey Gill,

yer you will encounter that issue as you are moving abroad and know this at time of application. Quite a few Life companies will be a bit cautious in offering cover.

I think that you are coming over on either a 475 or 495, you can look at taking cover out in Australia if you cannot find someone that will cover you there. I can arrange this for you. I have access to a wide range of Life Insurance companies and have previously arranged cover for clients on those visa types.

I think you are coming to see me anyway re Pensions so will be happy to discuss this all then!

Regards,

Andy.

do you deal with pensions too andy? We havent done sod all about ours and its scary as we had everything in uk income protection, pensions and im getting a bit spooked in case one of us pops off :biglaugh:.

do you deal with pensions too andy? We havent done sod all about ours and its scary as we had everything in uk income protection, pensions and im getting a bit spooked in case one of us pops off :biglaugh:.

Hi Clare

Andrew has sorted our pensions, income protection,life insurance and critical care cover too. Our pensions are on there way over as we speak (great that the exchange rate has improved!). Our life cover and all the above actually cost us less than half what we paid in the UK - well worth sorting - Andrew is a great guy. It is a relief when you get things in place - just in case!

Lindsey

Hi Clare

Andrew has sorted our pensions, income protection,life insurance and critical care cover too. Our pensions are on there way over as we speak (great that the exchange rate has improved!). Our life cover and all the above actually cost us less than half what we paid in the UK - well worth sorting - Andrew is a great guy. It is a relief when you get things in place - just in case!

Lindsey

Thanks for that Lindsey, very kind of you.

Hi Clare, if you want to discuss anything like this with me, feel free to give me a call or message me. I offer free initial consultations as well.

Regards

Andy