Do we fly out Oct 13th(flights booked)but NO VISA!

Guest cunnah10

Guest cunnah10

Hi Guys

We have flights on hold until 3pm today to fly out on Oct 13th (5 weeks Monday)But as you know we still have NO visa yet!

Our agent knows the situation that we are in and is very confident that it will all slot into place and the visa will be sorted intime for us to fly out on Oct 13th ...BUT there is NO guarantee obviously!

We have so much going on at the moment .........would't know where to begin and have found ourselves in a bit of a no win situation wthout going into all the details!

We have to decide wether to take the gamble everything will come together in time OR we will have no choice but to go for plan B : which is "if" we still have no visa by the 13th Oct then we will still have to fly out on a straight forward long stay visa (or whatever it's called)and when our agent does contact us to tell us that the visa is sorted we will have to either hop over to New Zealand for 5-7 days or Fiji to be officialy out of Australia before we can get the "golden ticket" stamped into our passports!

Apart from the obvious added cost of doing this we have been assured by our agent that will be very straight forward!

Has anybody else done this or know of anybody that has?

Advice or info very much appreciated!

Gill

Guest Nicky&Andy

it all sounds very complicated, i reckon in oz the big decision maker has bets on which pomms he can cause the most stress,they place their bets & who ever losses provides the tinnies at the next barbi,

good luck with it all (although its a bit of a risk when your asked to send Your passports off )

Guest cunnah10

[

Right Flights just been officially paid for now in FULL!

We are flying out on Monday 13th Oct no matter what!

I'm not sure about Bali...........but i will find out!

Hey maybe the Visa will arrive soon and we won't have to worry

Gill

Hi Gill just wondering what about all your things been away and not really kept up with things our things have been collected this week gets packed on a crate today and won't arrive until 6th November, good luck with your journey you must be going dizzy with so much to do in such a short time. Look forward to hearing how you settle in when you get there.

Julie

[

Right Flights just been officially paid for now in FULL!

We are flying out on Monday 13th Oct no matter what!

I'm not sure about Bali...........but i will find out!

Hey maybe the Visa will arrive soon and we won't have to worry

Gill

WOW!!! :notworthy: I think everyone is watching for your "YIPPEE GOT VISA" thread at the moment, its better than watching the soaps being on here. Keeping everything crossed you get your visa in time.

Joanne

Guest Alipally

I'm not sure, but I think that you have to tell DIMIA that you are in Australia, and before you apply for the eta, otherwise you may inadvertently cancel your proper visa when applying!

I vaguely remember reading about this somewhere.

Just make sure you do everything in the right order.

Guest cunnah10

Thanks for info but our agent seems to know what he's doing and who needs notifying and what we need proof of to do it this way!

He has sent his last 3 clients out this way for similar reasons!

Apparently everything is computer linked so we will be well checked out for sure!

Thanks for advise though.............and i really am hoping and praying that we won't have to go to this stage and that the visa will be kind enough to arrive soon!

Guest paul_smart
Hi Guys

We have flights on hold until 3pm today to fly out on Oct 13th (5 weeks Monday)But as you know we still have NO visa yet!

Our agent knows the situation that we are in and is very confident that it will all slot into place and the visa will be sorted intime for us to fly out on Oct 13th ...BUT there is NO guarantee obviously!

We have so much going on at the moment .........would't know where to begin and have found ourselves in a bit of a no win situation wthout going into all the details!

We have to decide wether to take the gamble everything will come together in time OR we will have no choice but to go for plan B : which is "if" we still have no visa by the 13th Oct then we will still have to fly out on a straight forward long stay visa (or whatever it's called)and when our agent does contact us to tell us that the visa is sorted we will have to either hop over to New Zealand for 5-7 days or Fiji to be officialy out of Australia before we can get the "golden ticket" stamped into our passports!

Apart from the obvious added cost of doing this we have been assured by our agent that will be very straight forward!

Has anybody else done this or know of anybody that has?

Advice or info very much appreciated!

Gill

Cunnah, don't panic, I actually think your agent is right as you have 3 months in the country before your 2 day excursion to NZ, then you get another 3 months, so you will EASILY get it within 6 months if not 3, I overstayed my Visa while I was there and handed ,myself into immigration, they said that I was the first person EVER they had known to do so and laughing at me gave me another 1 week stamp (the olympics were on but they knew I was lying when I said all the flights were full they just enjoyed the situation even more!).

I would certainly NOT recommend some people who will for a small fee take your passports and get them stamped so you don't even have to leave the country, these people are plentyful and not one person I knew doing such a thing had a problem with their passports being stolen etc they were all returned stamped and paid for but if you intend to live there don't risk it (not that I would ever insinuate you would take such a path of course!) but overall don't worry about it!!

Guest Nicky&Andy

hi gill

it sounds really easy , good excuse to see abit of new zealand for 7 days,

good luck to you and your family on your journey (hopefully visa's will be through before you go, fingers crossed)

nicky