fully furnished rentals/pet travel

Guest wemadeit

Guest wemadeit

Hi,

Need help/advice if poss? We arrive on 4th november, and everything at home has been manic!!! :arghh: No let up in work, and just managed to sell house - so now trying to sort out short term fully furnished accomodation for first 3-4 weeks so we get sorted - does anyone know of any they can recommend which have vacancies from 4/5th nov?

Also, planning to take our dog - but delaying it until we sort out long term pet friendly rental - can anyone recommend a Company?? I have called a few and i am being quoted approx £3k!!! - is this about right?? Also, with quarantine, Melbourne seems the obvious choice, but i gather they have long waiting lists??!!

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Tom, Cath, Josh and Chloe

Hi

We had our dog sent out a week after us and with her month in quarantine it allowed us 5 weeks to find a rental.

She did her time in Sydney - they generally don't have waiting times. She came back to us a happy healthy dog none the worse for having travelled half way round the world!

Cost of flights etc was approx £2500 plus quarantine $1000 approx - you also have the blood tests and frontline treatment on top before leaving the UK and the heartworm tablets/injection once here.

After her 30 days/nights we had her flown to Adelaide and I just went and collected her from the airport.

We used a company from Dunfermline in Scotland but there are others based in England - airpets etc

Although it was expensive it was worth it.

good luck

Julie

Guest wemadeit

Hi Julie,

Thanks for this info! It seems the prices quoted are about right then - v.expensive, but I agree, worth the money - we couldn't leave her behind!!

So I guess you've been there nearly 6 months - is it going well?? any regrets about leaving the UK??

Thanks for your help - and we'll keep you posted!

Cheers,

Tom

Guest Hansonhouse

Hi, we are due to arrive on 24th October and wanted furnished accomodation in the Seaford area which was proving difficult to locate (everywhere fully booked). We have now secured 3 weeks in a Holiday Cabin at Moana Beach Tourist Park which appears clean and modern on the web site. Our friends in the area have checked it out and said that it looks nice. At $450AUS per week it is very reasonable too compared with the $650-700 that the 3 bed houses were asking.

Not sure if it's the area that you are thinking of but worth considering if it is..

Roz

Hi, we are due to arrive on 24th October and wanted furnished accomodation in the Seaford area which was proving difficult to locate (everywhere fully booked). We have now secured 3 weeks in a Holiday Cabin at Moana Beach Tourist Park which appears clean and modern on the web site. Our friends in the area have checked it out and said that it looks nice. At $450AUS per week it is very reasonable too compared with the $650-700 that the 3 bed houses were asking.

Not sure if it's the area that you are thinking of but worth considering if it is..

Roz

hi

we arrive 01/11 and are also looking for rental - can you tell me where you contacted the above people for a rental there and how did you secure it ? am looking for all the info possible about rentals as nobody i contact is emailing me back :arghh: we also have 2 kids aged 4yrs and 2 yrs so are getting desperate

all the best

sjs

Guest Hansonhouse

http://www.moanabeachtouristpark.com.au/

This is the web site that was recommended by our friends in Seaford/Moana area. You can view the park, facilities and cabins/accomodation choices on there. We just emailed the hosts with an enquiry and they answered within 24 hours (last week), we are ringing them in the morning with a credit card to pay a deposit to secure the booking.

We had managed to find two other properties, one in Moana and one in Port Noarlunga through emailing the estate agents on Realestate.com but both were 'ok' looking a little dated, both priced $650 a week and we just felt that the Moana Beach Holiday cabin option was cleaner, fresher and more modern and would give us more of a holiday feel for the first 3 weeks when we arrived.

Hope this is helpful, I was getting a bit desperate when a) people didn't respond to email enquiries and b) the ones that did, were all booked!!

Good Luck

Roz

Hi Julie,

Thanks for this info! It seems the prices quoted are about right then - v.expensive, but I agree, worth the money - we couldn't leave her behind!!

So I guess you've been there nearly 6 months - is it going well?? any regrets about leaving the UK??

Thanks for your help - and we'll keep you posted!

Cheers,

Tom

Hi there

We used Golden Arrow Shippers to send our two cats over to NZ from the UK. They are based quite close to you in Shropshire I think. Ive got the number somewhere if you cant track them down. Im sure they send pets to Oz too. They were very good - did all the paperwork, worming treatments etc. Cats (who were 14/15 when they flew) were fine just a bit tired and thirsty.

regards

Mariane and Cliff

We are flying out 11th March 09 we also have 2 dogs to take out with us have had quotes from Golden Arrow Shipper £2292.00 + $1249.00 for Quarantine etc, they do not have a web site but address is Lydbury North, Shropshire. SY7 EDY. Tel. No. 01 588 680 240.

Also had quote from Airpets, based in Middlesex £3249.00 + $1249.00 Quarantine etc as above, this company has a web site you just put measurements of you dog as requested and they send you a quote out by post.

I have heard and read lots of good posts about both these companys, also remember you will need to arrange transport from the Quarantine station to Adelaide, sorry but have not done this yet.

Regarding the short term accommodation we are thinking of the Westshores Park I think it is somewhere near Semaphore, will let you know when we get a quote.

Good luck

Jo x

Guest wemadeit

Roz

Hi Roz,

Like you - finding accomodation is proving difficult. I have found various apartments, but with summer hols looming, prices are going very high. Thanks for the lead, I will check out this tourist park. We are definitely looking around south Adelaide as a preference.

Thanks for your help.

All the best with your move.

Tom:arghh:

Guest wemadeit

Hi again,

Thanks for all the responses - this has been really helpful. We should now bw able to sort out accomodation and dog transportation asap!! Now looking forward to arriving and hopefully settling in quickly - I think going into the summer months in Australia will help!!

Thanks again,

Tom

Guest kenmcfadyen

We took our Golden Retriever to Golden Arrow Shippers last Saturday and he flies to Melbourne tonight! Golden Arrow have been excellent and nothing seems too much trouble. We changed the flight dates a few times and they were very accommodating. The kennels themselves are set in a beautiful location on a private estate overlooking a lake (not that our dog cares, but it made us feel better leaving him there!). I have seen posts on this site about Melbourne quarantine being busy, but we didn't get the impression from the shippers that this was a particular problem.

We arrive in Moana on the 8th October and can't wait for a bit of sunshine! We initially e-mailed estate agents, but didn't have much success; I can imagine they get e-mails from many prospectors and they get sick of attending to them. We were successful when we phoned the agents directly and have secured a rental property for one year in Moana Heights. It is unfurnished, but our furniture should arrive not long after we do. It didn't seem difficult to arrange from here as we were e-mailed contracts etc, and we only needed to sign them, and fax them to the agent. Rent up front and bond were paid by sponsor, but I would have thought with an Australian bank account already set up and a money in it to cover such costs, it would straightforward.

Good luck in the move!