• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Quote Originally Posted by Hansonhouse View Post
      Hi, we are due to arrive on 24th October and wanted furnished accomodation in the Seaford area which was proving difficult to locate (everywhere fully booked). We have now secured 3 weeks in a Holiday Cabin at Moana Beach Tourist Park which appears clean and modern on the web site. Our friends in the area have checked it out and said that it looks nice. At $450AUS per week it is very reasonable too compared with the $650-700 that the 3 bed houses were asking.
      Not sure if it's the area that you are thinking of but worth considering if it is..

Hi Roz,

Like you - finding accomodation is proving difficult. I have found various apartments, but with summer hols looming, prices are going very high. Thanks for the lead, I will check out this tourist park. We are definitely looking around south Adelaide as a preference.

Thanks for your help.

All the best with your move.

Hi again,

Thanks for all the responses - this has been really helpful. We should now bw able to sort out accomodation and dog transportation asap!! Now looking forward to arriving and hopefully settling in quickly - I think going into the summer months in Australia will help!!

Thanks again,

We took our Golden Retriever to Golden Arrow Shippers last Saturday and he flies to Melbourne tonight! Golden Arrow have been excellent and nothing seems too much trouble. We changed the flight dates a few times and they were very accommodating. The kennels themselves are set in a beautiful location on a private estate overlooking a lake (not that our dog cares, but it made us feel better leaving him there!). I have seen posts on this site about Melbourne quarantine being busy, but we didn't get the impression from the shippers that this was a particular problem.

We arrive in Moana on the 8th October and can't wait for a bit of sunshine! We initially e-mailed estate agents, but didn't have much success; I can imagine they get e-mails from many prospectors and they get sick of attending to them. We were successful when we phoned the agents directly and have secured a rental property for one year in Moana Heights. It is unfurnished, but our furniture should arrive not long after we do. It didn't seem difficult to arrange from here as we were e-mailed contracts etc, and we only needed to sign them, and fax them to the agent. Rent up front and bond were paid by sponsor, but I would have thought with an Australian bank account already set up and a money in it to cover such costs, it would straightforward.

Good luck in the move!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums