can we fly out before visa is granted?

Guest gemma.rick

Guest gemma.rick

We have our application in for our visa to move to Adelaide. I have recently been told that we can move out 6 months before the visas are processed or even granted.

Is this true? Has anybody done this with success? Is it likely that we wont be accepted. Because if that is the case we would have to move back again. Not a good thought.

We're desperate to get out there. My family have been there over 2 years now and we want to join them ASAP. If anybody has any info or advice, please help.

Thanks

Gemma, Rick & Co.

Guest cunnah10
We have our application in for our visa to move to Adelaide. I have recently been told that we can move out 6 months before the visas are processed or even granted.

Is this true? Has anybody done this with success? Is it likely that we wont be accepted. Because if that is the case we would have to move back again. Not a good thought.

We're desperate to get out there. My family have been there over 2 years now and we want to join them ASAP. If anybody has any info or advice, please help.

Thanks

Gemma, Rick & Co.

Well we are moving out there in 5 weeks and we still don't have the visa!!!!

But there a lot who would think we are crazy.....and maybe we are!!!

I suppose it depends what visa you are hoping to go on,how far down the line you are with your application and how much confidence you have that you will definately be granted the visa!

We have gone through an agent on a SIR 475 visa application and are literally just waiting now for it to be allocated to a case officer to give us the golden ticket!!

But we have tenants waiting to move into our house,we have a rental in oz we are due to start paying rent on,hubby's job not safe he's about to be made redundant and basically that fed up waiting now that we have taking a huge gamble and booked flights for Monday Oct 13th!

We do know that "IF" the visa is not sorted before our flight then we have to go out on a ETA visa (basically a 3 month electronic visa)and when our agent contacts us to say we have the official visa we have to leave Australia for 7 days (2 adults and 4 kids)and fly out to the likes of New Zealand to have the Golden Tickets stamped in each passport before we are allowed back into Australia again!

Do your homework,get some more advice and i suppose it depends how brave you are and how willing you are to take the chance!

I am that fed up and stressed anyway i decided to just say "sod it" lets get out there as soon as possible and start living the new life ahead of us!

Good Luck and let me know what you decide to do!

I know how frustrating it is just "waiting"!!!

Guest gemma.rick

Do you know how quickly you can get hold of an ETA visa? Is this the type that you get if you're applying and waiting for a full visa? Do you have a job/jobs lined up for when you get there?

Sorry, lots of questions. I'm sure i'll have more!

Gemma

Thank you for your response. I see your visa has been granted. Are you in Oz now?

Gemma, Rick & Co.

No we are wone of the unluckly one's with a visa and NO house sale.

As regards ETA I remember when going out to Adelaide on a holiday a few years ago I got mine online instantly. Look up the DIAC website

Guest gemma.rick

Thanks for your help.

Is this the type of visa you apply for when your permanent residency visa is being processed?

I've had a look at the DIAC website. It never seems to answer the questions I'm asking. Can we work on these ETA's? My parents seem to think that we can get one for 6 months. Is this the same one? Are there different types? Do they differ slightly.

Gemma, Rick & Co.

I believe that if you travel to Austrlia on an ETA Visa, you are not allowed to work while you are there. However, many youngsters travel out on a Student Visa and are allowed to find work, but again it cannot be a permanent job, just temporary.

Be careful not to contravene the terms of your Visa, as you will almost certainly be found out, and then that could stop any possibility of obtaining a Visa later, as they are very strict with the Laws.

Guest thebaddeleys
Well we are moving out there in 5 weeks and we still don't have the visa!!!!

But there a lot who would think we are crazy.....and maybe we are!!!

I suppose it depends what visa you are hoping to go on,how far down the line you are with your application and how much confidence you have that you will definately be granted the visa!

We have gone through an agent on a SIR 475 visa application and are literally just waiting now for it to be allocated to a case officer to give us the golden ticket!!

But we have tenants waiting to move into our house,we have a rental in oz we are due to start paying rent on,hubby's job not safe he's about to be made redundant and basically that fed up waiting now that we have taking a huge gamble and booked flights for Monday Oct 13th!

We do know that "IF" the visa is not sorted before our flight then we have to go out on a ETA visa (basically a 3 month electronic visa)and when our agent contacts us to say we have the official visa we have to leave Australia for 7 days (2 adults and 4 kids)and fly out to the likes of New Zealand to have the Golden Tickets stamped in each passport before we are allowed back into Australia again!

Do your homework,get some more advice and i suppose it depends how brave you are and how willing you are to take the chance!

I am that fed up and stressed anyway i decided to just say "sod it" lets get out there as soon as possible and start living the new life ahead of us!

Good Luck and let me know what you decide to do!

I know how frustrating it is just "waiting"!!!

did you need a police check and medical for your visa?