175 Aussie Visa in New Zealand

Guest Carkyde

Hi all

I was wondering what the status is if you are a POM on a 175 permanent residency visa and want to move to live in New Zealand? (Not that we want to live in NZ!!) Just wondered how would you apply?

Thanks

Guest Nicky&Andy

dont quote me , but i think if you have a permenant visa and have lived in australia for 5 yrs then you can move there, andrew had an old school friend who moved to oz , just found out he now lives in new zealand

Hi all

I was wondering what the status is if you are a POM on a 175 permanent residency visa and want to move to live in New Zealand? (Not that we want to live in NZ!!) Just wondered how would you apply?

Thanks

Hi there

NZ and Oz have an arrangement whereby Oz citizens and perm residents can go and live and work in NZ. NZ citizens can go and live and work in Oz without a visa (they get a stamp in passport as they come through). Unfortunately it isnt quite fair as NZ perm residents dont have the same rights (which is why I am hanging on for citizenship in NZ!). Not sure about the five year rule - it may be that up to that time you still need an RRV to get in and out of the country? After that you may have an indefinite one so that you could still return to oz if you wanted. Quite a few people do come to NZ first as its probably easier to get in, then get citizenship after five years and then go to oz. Im sure they will do something about it soon

as so many are going to oz from here.

Cheers

Mariane and Cliff