Migration company or not????

Guest mornachew

Guest mornachew

Hi all

New to all this, just started looking.

I am looking to live in Adelade, just started buying the books, looking at these websites, watching the TV programs etc, etc, etc....

Couple of questions..

Are you all using migration companies???

Has anybody done it without these companies?

I am looking to come over for a week to have a look around, places I should see and avoid ( wll only be there 5 days :) ) gonna be busy:jiggy:

I am an Aircraft Avionic Engineer (SGT) at present in the RAF, I have read on various forums that it is hard to get Aircraft jobs over therecoz they like you to have permanent residence, Is this true?

From people over there. Whats the typical salary for Aircraft Engineer or Electrical engineer? Cost of living?

We will only have about £70k ($158k) would we be able to go over there and get a place to live and be comfortable if you know what i mean. Was looking at a mortgage of $300k on a valued house of $400k, so would have $58k to sort other things out, Is this farfetched?

Hopeful of a salary of $75??

All I am wondering is it worth coming out the RAf ratrace for a better way of life down under??:jimlad:

Any help, information and constructive comments appreciated!

Any sarcastic ones........Yer why not im a scouser i can take em!!

Thanks All

Guest vikkiann

We used an agent because my husband is self employed and it was too complicated for me! They were fantastic.

After taking a huge reduction on our house we will only have about £35,000 but from what i've researched i think this is enough so £70k is more than do-able.

Vikki

Hi all

New to all this, just started looking.

I am looking to live in Adelade, just started buying the books, looking at these websites, watching the TV programs etc, etc, etc....

Couple of questions..

Are you all using migration companies???

Has anybody done it without these companies?

I am looking to come over for a week to have a look around, places I should see and avoid ( wll only be there 5 days :) ) gonna be busy:jiggy:

I am an Aircraft Avionic Engineer (SGT) at present in the RAF, I have read on various forums that it is hard to get Aircraft jobs over therecoz they like you to have permanent residence, Is this true? A lot of companies i.e Australian Aerospace and Bae insist you have citizenship before you work for a defence company. Bae have been known to waive this on occasion though. (Very rare)

From people over there. Whats the typical salary for Aircraft Engineer or Electrical engineer? Cost of living? They don't tell you in the adverts but depends what kind of company you will work from - initially maybe $40-50K upwards more if you have your civvy licences. Depends whether you come out with a pension - certainly makes a big difference.

We will only have about £70k ($158k) would we be able to go over there and get a place to live and be comfortable if you know what i mean. Was looking at a mortgage of $300k on a valued house of $400k, so would have $58k to sort other things out, Is this farfetched?

All I am wondering is it worth coming out the RAf ratrace for a better way of life down under??:jimlad: Definately worth it for us - you can choose where you move to for a start! :biglaugh:

Any help, information and constructive comments appreciated!

Any sarcastic ones........Yer why not im a scouser i can take em!!

Thanks All

Have edited your post in order to answer what I can.

Where are you based at the moment - nosey aren't I?

Lea

Guest mornachew

Thanx for the quick reply Lea!!

Leuchars!!

Ive only done 13 years thats why i mentioned about this bit "From people over there. Whats the typical salary for Aircraft Engineer or Electrical engineer? Cost of living? They don't tell you in the adverts but depends what kind of company you will work from - initially maybe $40-50K upwards more if you have your civvy licences. Depends whether you come out with a pension - certainly makes a big difference.

All I am wondering is it worth coming out the RAf ratrace for a better way of life down under??"

Might have to stay in then!! :(