Guest gibbs

Hi everyone in the UK and Adelaide.

I am in the process of preparing my application for a skilled visa and I am now at the stage where I have to send off my documents to the TRA, certified etc. I have one question though that has now baffled me.

They want an assessment fee ($300AUD) and in their exact words:

Please note that the payment can be made through an overseas bank cheque or international money order. The payment must be drawn on an Australian bank (e.g. ANZ, CBA, NAB, WBC) and made out to: The collector of public money DEWR.

I have tried my bank and a post office but neither of them can help me. Can anyone tell me the best way to make this payment please?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Guest ReadyPenny

HI there

The Halifax did ours for us - we bank with them, and a friend did it at HSBC. You need to ask them for an International Draft. Basically, same as a bankers draft, but in a foreign currency. Ours came yesterday for AUD 300 - no problem. Go back to the bank and ask them again! When I went into the branch they didnt have a clue, when I rang telephone banking they said "no problem". They need to send it out in the post though, it is not something that can be done over the counter.

Hope this helps

Mandy

Thank you for the replies. I shall try telephone banking then to see if they are any help.

It's nice to know Nationwide are also an option as I have a secondary account with them :)

Thanks very much. It's nice to know there is a place I can ask questions... I have had many along the way so far and nobody to turn to!

I'll post back here to let everyone else know how I got on.

Hi everyone in the UK and Adelaide.

I am in the process of preparing my application for a skilled visa and I am now at the stage where I have to send off my documents to the TRA, certified etc. I have one question though that has now baffled me.

They want an assessment fee ($300AUD) and in their exact words:

I have tried my bank and a post office but neither of them can help me. Can anyone tell me the best way to make this payment please?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Hi there,

We have not long done ours. Our TRA is through Vetasses and we paid through HIFIX. It is really simple, it is a currency trading account. All done over the phone and they raise the bankers draft. Because they deal in currency they are usually a better rate of exchange than the bank and are completely geared up for people emigrating. They do have a website www.hifix.co.uk. We opened the account and the same day the bankers draft was drawn up and sent to our agent to be sent with the application to the relevent governing body in Australia.

Hope this helps.