475 processing times

jo_marnes

Just sent off the blank e-mail again to get the processing dates. Still on 25th Nov 07.:sad:

Since we applied (almost 3 months ago), it has moved on 13 days. Is this real??? What the hell is the hold up? Has anyone who applied after this date got their visa? At this rate it's going to takes years!! Well fed up. My parents and sister have been out there for almost 3 weeks now and we all already miss them. Just want some idea of when we might join them!

Jo xxx

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know - sooo frustrating. I wouldn't mind (as much anyway) if they said it'll be 3 more months, but at least some idea so I can plan even a tiny-weeny bit!? :arghh:

We have used an agency, and I spoke to my agent yesterday who said she's currently having mid-Feb applications being granted.. but that apparently there a few old ones in Nov that are holding it all up.

I know some people on here don't even request that email anymore, and I haven't for the last couple of weeks either - too depressing, and not sure how reliable it is??

I got all excited thikning that if they're processing mid-Feb, we're only 6 wks after that.. but should know better than to get my hopes up!

I know - sooo frustrating. I wouldn't mind (as much anyway) if they said it'll be 3 more months, but at least some idea so I can plan even a tiny-weeny bit!? :arghh:

We have used an agency, and I spoke to my agent yesterday who said she's currently having mid-Feb applications being granted.. but that apparently there a few old ones in Nov that are holding it all up.

I know some people on here don't even request that email anymore, and I haven't for the last couple of weeks either - too depressing, and not sure how reliable it is??

I got all excited thikning that if they're processing mid-Feb, we're only 6 wks after that.. but should know better than to get my hopes up!

I'm one of the old ones from November! I applied for the 475 visa on 26th november and had no news. no case officer allocated yet and no idea on how much longer it's going to be so very very frustrating!!

I'm one of the old ones from November! I applied for the 475 visa on 26th november and had no news. no case officer allocated yet and no idea on how much longer it's going to be so very very frustrating!!

Maz - any idea what the hold up is? Have you heard of others applying after you getting their visa already? You are so close, how frustrating for you! Hope you hear real soon xx

Hi there, yes my agent told me that as well that on the 475 someone from Feb got theirs in Aug and other people from Feb are getting them. Also someone from Jan just got theirs. Bare in mind that some people dont even get a case officer or decision maker, if all documents front loaded etc you could go straight into the visa. Fingers crossed for all of us.

Bare in mind that some people dont even get a case officer or decision maker, if all documents front loaded etc you could go straight into the visa. Fingers crossed for all of us.

Really?? I didn't know that! How come? We are having medicals next week. Police checks only valid for 6 mths so am leaving that for a bit- don't want it to expire!

Police checks only valid for 6 mths so am leaving that for a bit- don't want it to expire!

Hi -

Your police checks are valid for a year. We did the new ones too, not long ago - and I saw it said 6 months on the form - so called my agent and she confirmed it's valid for 12 months for the emigration process. Hope that helps a bit???

Emu - Can I ask which agent your using - we're using 1st Contact.. hope you're not, so it's not the same agency spinning a story to keep us happy ??! :err:

Good luck everyone! :)

Guest happy feet

Hi

I am also going on he 495 visa, i have only just sent my visa off, but my agent told me the visa's are taking about 3 months, so i have planned everything for Jan.. Is she having me on!!! Any advice greatful.

Cara

Hi

I am also going on he 495 visa, i have only just sent my visa off, but my agent told me the visa's are taking about 3 months, so i have planned everything for Jan.. Is she having me on!!! Any advice greatful.

Cara

3 MONTHS???? Well I've been waiting 5 already and I know Obedoh and Maz14 submitted their 475 in Nov, and haven't got them yet.. Martin and Val also submitted in Nov and got it last month.

You may be extremely lucky and get it in 3 months, but I wouldn't plan things that can't be undone around getting it in Jan.

There's a huge backlog at the minute, so it's taking longer than normal I think. Have a look at beupdate.co.uk - you can enter 475 in visa type to see how long they've taken to get granted - average is 8 months.

Really hope things are speeding up now - and you never know it might happen as this process seems extremely random! :arghh:

Guest Sarah- UK

Steve and I posted our Visa application on 19th Feb 08 and we've not heard a dicky bird yet! I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever hear?!! I just read that one member lodged their Visa application mid May 08 and they've just been granted!? Don't understand why we haven't heard yet, but I'll keep my spirits up. Sarah :)

Guest happy feet

Hello scousemouse

Well am i so glad i just read your thread!! Am i thick or what.. I am also going on a business sponsored visa 457, got my numbers wrong... So many forms to fill in, i just got carried away. I have been told this visa takes about 3 months, but as long as it's not 8 months i'm happy, as i was planning to go Jan.. Sold house and moving in with in-laws so 8 months they may have become out laws!!!!!

Thanks

Cara

Maz - any idea what the hold up is? Have you heard of others applying after you getting their visa already? You are so close, how frustrating for you! Hope you hear real soon xx

I'm really frustrated! yep, others that applied in December and even January have been granted visas but there's still a lot of applicants from November that are waiting. I've sent an enquiry to DIAC so just waiting to hear back now to see if there is a hold up. Not many 475 visas seem to be getting granted at the moment. I'll keep you posted if i hear anything!

Hi Cara,

easy mistake to make......so many forms are bound to fry the old noodle:goofy:

I just picked up an e-mail from the recruitment agents...... they reckon the 457 can be as fast as 1 week to get:shocked:; so maybe you wont have to bunk up with the in-laws for too long, after all.

I move out of my house in 6 weeks; if the visa ain't here, i'm up the proverbial.......guess dad's sofa is looking tempting!

Good luck with the move

Jane

Guest happy feet

Hi Jane

Thanks again for my mind at rest. We move out in about 4 weeks. Even if visa does come that quick, we not going till after xmas. Thought we would have one more here, although xmas on the beach does sound tempting. Good luck with everything and hope visa comes soon for you so the sofa is not needed...

Cara

Hi Emu, as you know were both with the same agency, though different agents. Was it Lee who told you someone in Feb has got theirs - Ours is Amanda - and when John spoke to her a couple of weeks ago she forecast that it would be Mid Nov before we were likely to be with CO.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Moira

Hi there, yes my agent told me that as well that on the 475 someone from Feb got theirs in Aug and other people from Feb are getting them. Also someone from Jan just got theirs. Bare in mind that some people dont even get a case officer or decision maker, if all documents front loaded etc you could go straight into the visa. Fingers crossed for all of us.