Today I received Police Clearance Certificates from Cyprus having served there whilst in the Army. That was the final piece of our visa jigsaw to fall into place. We have recently had our meds and the UK police checks came through almost before we had requested them!!
So now we wait a bit more for the decision maker's 'decision'.
And sell the house.....................or so we thought
Those of you in the 'house to sell' predicament may be interested to know that we, having investigated and refuted the letting idea decided we can just lock up - and go.
The house will remain on the market just 'brewing' until we receive an acceptable offer, and we will rent out in Adelaide until we are in a position to buy. The only difference being we may need to set our sights lower for a period to afford the rent and service our mortgage back in the UK. It will probably mean that we take a little longer to consider ouselves 'settled' but with the bleak news coming out of the telly over here each evening the prospect suddenly doesn't seem so bad!
I know not everyone will be in a position to do this but thought I might offer it up for your consideration and discussion, having read with interest the many threads alluding to this catch 22 situation.
The other idea I had was that if all PIA members club together - we might (no promises) be able to form some kind of 'Co-operative' and put in a purchase bid for the new Lloyds / TSB / HBOS consortium (or whatever you call it) and sort out the whole mortgage market in one swoop.
I'm still working out the fine detail on that one ;).