Nurses - Anyone know how long it takes for..

Hazel M

1) NBSA to send verification to the ANMC?? I faxed the verification request to NBSA on 16/09 and posted the ANMC application form on 17/09 as it said to get the verification sorted out 1st.

and then, how long for

2) ANMC to process and register the application?

Its really getting to me now as we started this whole process in April and have still got to wait until registered with the ANMC before we can even submit our Visa app online. AARRGGGHHHHHHH - everything seems to be taking an age to do :arghh:

Thanks for any help

Hazel.

Hi Hazel

You have my deepest sympathies, I applied the end of May to NBSA for the modified assessment A, it was acknowledged 3rd June and I was advised that it would take up to 4 months to process. I rang on Friday as it was then about 16 weeks since I applied and was told that the applications received at the end of May had been processed and that mine would be looked at next week, at last!!!!! When I have looked on beupdate website, it looks as though once registered with NBSA and you send off your ANMC stuff it only takes about 4 weeks to be complete the registration process. I have made a friend in Melbourne as I was thinking about applying there last year and she recruits nurses and midwives, she has said that NBSA and ASPC are renowned for the slow processing of registrations and visas, all other states will rush them through as they are desperate and don't want to lose applicants through frustration. Reading your application I am not sure what you mean about the ANMC sorting out the NBSA application, PM me if you want.

Hi Hazel

You have my deepest sympathies, I applied the end of May to NBSA for the modified assessment A, it was acknowledged 3rd June and I was advised that it would take up to 4 months to process. I rang on Friday as it was then about 16 weeks since I applied and was told that the applications received at the end of May had been processed and that mine would be looked at next week, at last!!!!! When I have looked on beupdate website, it looks as though once registered with NBSA and you send off your ANMC stuff it only takes about 4 weeks to be complete the registration process. I have made a friend in Melbourne as I was thinking about applying there last year and she recruits nurses and midwives, she has said that NBSA and ASPC are renowned for the slow processing of registrations and visas, all other states will rush them through as they are desperate and don't want to lose applicants through frustration. Reading your application I am not sure what you mean about the ANMC sorting out the NBSA application, PM me if you want.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Well, because we went through the full skills assessment with the NBSA, and thats now been completed, I know that , in theory, registering with the ANMC should only take 4 weeks... :unsure:

What i was hoping is that, because the NBSA have to send verification to the ANMC (as part of the ANMC application), that they dont take another 3 months to do that - otherwise the NBSA will be holding up the ANMC!!!!

If all goes according to plan then Im hoping that the NBSA won't mess about and will just send the verification straight to the ANMC in a few days. Then we should be able to submit the Visa application 4-ish weeks from now. Fingers crossed any way. Hope you get your NBSA reg soon.

Hazel.

I applied to Queensland NB first, got the registration in 2 weeks then applied to SA NB which only took 2 weeks. Bad time of year to apply as everyones registration is due at the same time i.e. now. Cost more money but fairly quick. Because i am here already on a different visa i have not had to go through the ANMC until i want residency. Are you the main applicant on the visa or could you come over as a spouse and apply that way.

NBSA sure dont hurry along; my application took 20 weeks; but because NMC goofed up, that was 3-4 weeks longer than i expected.:err:. Still, i am "eligible for registration"; so the visa application can go in, and with the house sold etc, i can start planning my new life in Adelaide:).

My mate applied to Wait Awhile, western aus, and that took even longer!!

I reckon NBSA just want to be thorough, safe and sound; which is not a bad thing, just infuriating for us immigrants!

Have a great day, yawl

Jane

I applied to Queensland NB first, got the registration in 2 weeks then applied to SA NB which only took 2 weeks. Bad time of year to apply as everyones registration is due at the same time i.e. now. Cost more money but fairly quick. Because i am here already on a different visa i have not had to go through the ANMC until i want residency. Are you the main applicant on the visa or could you come over as a spouse and apply that way.

Hi - are you on the employer sponsored visa? My hubby is the nurse (im just in charge of all the paperwork etc!!) we are going to apply for the 175 independant , which i'm pretty certain means we have to have registered with the ANMC before applying for the visa.:err:

Still, i am "eligible for registration"; so the visa application can go in, and with the house sold etc, i can start planning my new life in Adelaide

Jane - have you registered yet with ANMC? - which visa are you going on?

Sorry for all the Qs - i just want to check i'm doing this right as we've not got an agent.

The way i had it in my head is that we have to 1) = register with NBSA, 2)Register with ANMC, and then 3)Apply for the 175 visa.

Does that sound right?

Cheers,

Hazel.

Hazel

I am a nurse and applied for the 175 cisa, just been granted!!! I did the online assessment and didn't register with the Nursing Board. I can't understand why you would have to register with them and pay for a practising certificate and not be in the country!! I had enough points for the 175 visa and think that was why I didn't need to register with the Nursing Board.

Athough I had previously been registered inNew Zealand and there is a Trans Recognition Scheme that allows you to register in Aussie states without having to get verifications from NMC ie they will accept the original paperwork in NZ.

Try the online visa assessment first on the australian immigration webpage first.

Caroline

Hi Hazel,

i am going on a 457 business sponsored (temp) visa;

so did the modified assessment only with NBSA;

The application form for assessment, which is on the website, and the ANMC website state that temporary visa doesnt require ANMC assessment aswell. The issue will be up again if i apply for PR in the future!

Why do it this way? Speedy exit from the (y)UK....:)

Hope that helps

Jane

i have 136 visa which is old 175. I applied for anmc skills assessment first which took about 3 months then applied for visa. then applied for eligability with nbsa. All nurses in sa register same time every year , around august so once i had eligability i just popped in when i got to adelaide and got my nursing reg there and then. Make sure you apply for eligabilty first this is where the anmc sends the stuff to them, i personally think it was easier doing it that way as i didnt see the point of paying for registration til i got here. the eligalbilty part still took a couple of months though!:arghh:

I can't understand why you would have to register with them and pay for a practising certificate and not be in the country!!

Hi Caroline,

You don't have to register with the NBSA until you want to start working. However, if you do register first then you only have to do the modified skill assessment rather than the full monty. The modified assessment is both cheaper and generally quicker to come back.

Pete

Great stuff Cara!:)

Hopefully, i will get 2 weeks orientation befor i start work; should be enough time to find my way round, buy a phone, find a house, school and the requisite hairdresser/ beautician/etc,. Maybe even meet a few ex-pats!!:biglaugh:

I am a theatre nurse, mainly recovery, some anaesthetics, but no way will i scrub again.........can hardly wait to get back "in the saddle". Gave up work in June, as a band 7, and i miss it already!!!!!!

Be good now, ya'hear?

Jane

Hi Can I just clarify - for my sake!!

If I am registered in New Zealand I only need to go to NBSA and get registered and a practising certificate. Is it only those coming to Oz for the first time who need to have a skills assessment?

I can't remember having to do a skills assessment 2 years ago when I was registered in NZ then registered with NSW and Victoria. I literally walked into their office with NZ practising cert, letter from employer and NMC card and was registered there and then.

Do I need to do anything else? I phoned NBSA and they didn't mention any skills assessments.

Please help!! Thanks

Don't think you'd have too much hassel with it mate!

A New Zealand registered nurse can qualify much more readily than us sad old UK trained bods!lol.

If you are registered with other states; from what i read; you only pay the $20 fee to transfer over, as you have already undergone the necessary checks!!

NBSA would be hot on anything, if it ain't quite what they're after!!!

Good Luck

J:)

Guest Hansonhouse
Still, i am "eligible for registration"; so the visa application can go in, and with the house sold etc, i can start planning my new life in Adelaide

Jane - have you registered yet with ANMC? - which visa are you going on?

Sorry for all the Qs - i just want to check i'm doing this right as we've not got an agent.

The way i had it in my head is that we have to 1) = register with NBSA, 2)Register with ANMC, and then 3)Apply for the 175 visa.

Does that sound right?

Cheers,

Hazel.

Hi Hazel

We have just had our visa granted and ours was the 175. I sent my skills assesment to the ANMC in June 2007 and had it back by August 2007. As soon as I got that, I submitted the Visa Application

My agent then sent me a form to complete for the NBSA so that the ANMC could forward my file to them. When they had received this (the NBSA) they sent a letter confirming that I was eligible to apply for registration. It confirmed what the costs were and the dates of the year to apply (they only renew on certain dates, not like us and the NMC).

WhenI got close to when I thought that the visa would be granted (July in my naivety) and when the new registration year started, I submitted my application to NBSA. I received a very nice certificate, badge, card and DVD 2 weeks later.

Our visa came through this month we go on the 22nd October.

Hope this is helpful

Happy for you to PM me if I can offer any help

Roz:)

Thanks Roz. I was getting really confused earlier. Sometimes, the more i think about it, i think i over-complicate things!! It seems Im on the right track at the moment - so hopefully not long to go!

Congrats on the Visa - I bet you cant wait to get out there after such a long wait for it to come through!! Keep us updated on how you get on.

Hazel.

Guest happy feet
Great stuff Cara!:)

Hopefully, i will get 2 weeks orientation befor i start work; should be enough time to find my way round, buy a phone, find a house, school and the requisite hairdresser/ beautician/etc,. Maybe even meet a few ex-pats!!:biglaugh:

I am a theatre nurse, mainly recovery, some anaesthetics, but no way will i scrub again.........can hardly wait to get back "in the saddle". Gave up work in June, as a band 7, and i miss it already!!!!!!

Be good now, ya'hear?

Jane

hi Jane

i am a respiratory nurse and have a job at the RAH. But hoping to take 3/4 weeks off when i get there, like you i need to find a house to rent, school for the kids and in good comute to hospital.... Hoping to finish just before xmas, not stupid i will get the crap off duty, and then i will bank till i go..

maybe we will meet for coffee when we all arrive..

being good...

cara:)

Guest cornish Busdriver

Gday all.

Were coming across on the 14-11-08 and missus wants to know are there any Scrubs on here already working in Adelaide that she could meet up with and chat about what its like scrubbing over there.

Basically are scrub nurses f###up, twisted with as serious warp sence of humour as they are here ???:jimlad:. she's Orthopidics, traumer + some Neuro.

She will be working at the Calvary.

Matt, Mandy, bilbo and kerra (dogs)

Guest Hansonhouse

That's great that there are so many of us on here. I spoke with a chap from Clinical One this morning and he is passing my CV (or resume in Oz speak) to some private providers to see if I can get a telephone interview so will keep you posted.

In answer to your question Matt, I think most of us nurses have a similar warped sense of humour (my background is A&E) some of us worse than others though x

Guest cornish Busdriver

Hi HansonHouse.

Missus used clincal one as well and got a job at the Calvary Wakefield.

Missus sez her telephone interview was quite funny as was just like a normal work chat.

Good luck.

Matt, Mandy

Hey Coincidence, or what?

I too have gone thro' clinical one; got my registration application today, so another $190 spent:goofy:.

Will be working in CALVARY NORTH ADELAIDE in Recovery............no longer suffering as a scrub or anaesthetic nurse; the Lord be praised. Happy daze

Hoping to make the jump about the same time as cornish and mrs cornish; how spooky is that?

Be good yawll

Jane