495 skilled visa - capital investment problem
It's been a long time since we have posted a message. We have applied for a 495 skilled independant sponsoured (provisional) visa back in July 2007. (Yes 2007) and we are still waiting for some positive news. There is a twist in our application as the state gov decided to drop the investment side so we are stuck in limbo waiting for the gov to decide what to do with our applications. My question is, is there anyone in the same boat, does anyone have some up to date news as to what the Aus gov are doing about our visas? Our agent has informed us the minister of immigration, Senetor Chris Jones is "working on a solution". How long will this all take as this is now moving on to 15 months and still no real answer.
Hi Rory and Fiona,
We are also in the same boat and it seems a very lonely boat at that.I have emailed Senator Evans and got a reply saying that it wasnt down to the central govt but the state govts who opted to pull out of the scheme because of the consequent fraud that occured.We first approached our agent in Dec 06 to start the process and submitted our application pre Sept 07 as you did.There has been so many rumours but nothing happens.Senator Evans says that they are exploring all legal avenues before making a decision.I am on the point of getting some legal representation in Oz because i feel the Govt have acted unlawfully in as such they accepted our application money but already knew the fraud had been committed already.We have fulfilled all the criteria needed but now find ourselves left in limbo.You are not alone and im sorry if im ranting but its an impossible situation as you know.
Mark and Sara
Capital investment (cont)
Hi Mark & Sara
Frustrating is an under-statement. Like you we need to know one way or the other. Why can they not just rubber stamp our applications and be done with this whole saga. I'm sure illegal immigrants have an easy journey into the country. How long is Senetor Evens going to take to decide on the way forward. I bet we will find ourselves up against a wall soon as our medicals & police checks will soon be out of date, and this will be the next stumbling point.
I take it you have been assigned a case officer? Have you made contact with your case officer? How about your agent, what do they tell you? My agent has since immigrated himself. I see everyone moving forward, yet we just sit and wait. This whole credit cruch story has had a major impact on our situation awell as the AUD100k we are to use for the investment point is tied up in shares & isa's (which have seen the value decrease substantially over this period we have found ourselves waiting for their decision) not to mention the value of our property has taken a knock.
All we want is an answer.
Keep us informed if you hear anything and let us know about other people who are in the same boat.
PS: Where about are you heading for in Aus? We are restricted to South Aus.
Take care & good luck
Rory & Fiona