JOHN MASON INTERNATIONAL MOVERS - anybody used them?

Guest Emu

Hello there

I just wanted to know if anybody out there has used JOHN MASON INTERNATIONAL MOVERS? I am in the process of choosing a removal company.

If you haven't used them but you had a good or bad experience with other please let me know.

We not taking furniture only taking personal belongings (books,cds,dvds,clothes,linen,kitchen stuff,etc), therefore we would do "part of a container load", using groupage.

All comments welcome, :wubclub:

Thanks.

hi ya im not sure what part of london you are from i DID live in dagenham essex and NOW live in adelaide well i used COPSEY in romford essex they are in yellow pages or internet...i could not fault them in anyway we had a 2 bed house and they wrapped up everything with no damage to my stuff all in a full 20ft container for £3500 or £4000 with insurance

alex

Guest Aussie pat

We have the removalists in today. Just remember that whilst sharing a container may be cheaper, you may have to wait for the container to be filled before it can be sent. So you may not have control over the date when it leaves. Our removalist also told us that if a container is shared, both parties will have to be there when it's opened by customs. As we have our own container we don't have to be there.

Guest vikkiann

We have had quotes from 4 companies. The most professional ones were John Mason and i think they are the one that we will use, having said that i'm waiting for the quote from PSS.

Vikki

Hi,

We also used John Masons and found them great to deal with. We always spoke to the same person if we had any querries and she was very on the ball. The company they used to pack up our stuff in Uk was just a small firm (we didn't need the whole container on the drive thing as weren't taking much big stuff), but they were very proffessional as were the unpackers at this end.

Jen:)

Hello there

I just wanted to know if anybody out there has used JOHN MASON INTERNATIONAL MOVERS? I am in the process of choosing a removal company.

If you haven't used them but you had a good or bad experience with other please let me know.

We not taking furniture only taking personal belongings (books,cds,dvds,clothes,linen,kitchen stuff,etc), therefore we would do "part of a container load", using groupage.

All comments welcome, :wubclub:

Thanks.

We used them, and although our stuff is yet to arrive, we were highly impressed with them in the UK, and they were very thorough and helpful throughout.

Hi all, thank you for your feedback, I 'm going ahead with John Mason. They seem very helpful and nobody has given them negative feedback on the forums. I can't waste too much time getting too many quotes, just got a few ...

having said that i'm waiting for the quote from PSS.

Vikki

I waited 3 weeks for a quote from PSS via email and when I eventually contacted them again I was told they would not do Northern Ireland:confused:

• 4 years later...
Guest ahallatt

John Mason International have lost some of my stuff in my move from Melbourne to the UK. These things happen, but now their delivery staff are saying that I saw all the packages being unloaded and signed them off at the time (two packages are missing). I didn't see them unload all packages and only signed the sheet at the end so that they could go home.

Not only are they calling me a liar, but they are fabricating what happened on delivery day (when the delivery men assured me that even if I signed off the sheet, I'd have 30 days to claim any missing items - not true it turns out).

Don't sign anything until you have checked it all and don't believe what their delivery men say when all they want to do is be off early on a Friday afternoon.

Guest maxfactornackerlacker

Hi Emu,

make sure that you do not accept the first quote that John Mason have supplied. I have just agreed my shipping, and although I decided to go with another company, other than John Mason, they did reduce their quote by a few hundred pounds, so well worth doing !!

Max

Guest brianlynnette

hi were from liverpool and used them, would deffo recomend them again, we took personnal stuff altogether 65 boxes!!! that was including 2 large bikes, 1 small, 1 large silver cross dolls pram, golf cases, brians tools, clothes etc etc... cost us £1,565 they come to our house 11th may, it left their depot 18th may and we got our stuff 2nd week in july, was really happy :)

Guest K.gordon

Hi there,

We used John Mason and they were fantastic from the very beginning. They packed up our 3 bed house in just less than a day and all our stuff arrived unbroken (just one of our children's toys a bit bent but otherwise unscathed). We had a shared container and it took 11 weeks to get to us here in Seaford Rise, actually being delivered on the day we got our keys to our new home. I can't fault them and I'd recommend anybody using them.

Good luck with everything.

Kate

I used them and I have made statements on here before about how bad their service was...and Wridgways were no better

It cost me a fortune and a 3 month old leather suite, crap is not the word for me...they were horrendous (lads on day were local pub buddies...madness)

Before anybody tells me I am wrong...it is my experience and I hope yours was more positive and will be in the future

Regards

Ridz