We didnt make it through

Guest terjo

Hi everyone i just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone at PIA as our journey has come to an end today, i found out we didnt make the skills assessment. Apparently 8 years experience as a BT Engineer is not enough to get through on the TRA. We have been advised to wait for the Pathway D to be completed, so that all those that cant get through with no college education for their skills. This should be the way forward for those that have on the job training and skills from an employer, and over 5 years experience. Im not sure how long it is going to take for it to be completed, but we have patience. I just wanted to say good luck to everyone else out there, go for it, and enjoy the process it will be worth it in the end. And you never know when they finish the Pathway D, we can try again.

Terjo:wubclub:

GOOD LUCK

oh so sorry to hear that terjo

you must be gutted ? it was over 1 yr ago that we passed our skills with tra and i know a lot has changed since then and also alot of talk happening to change it once again ! we were just very lucky to get in when we did

i really hope they change things in your favour or maybe there is another way in for you ? like sponsership ?

all the best

and good luck for your future

sjs

Keep an eye on the pathway D thing. There is always a way. Good luck to you for the future. Have a word with an agent there could be something you could do to improve your chances like gaining some qualification.

Keep the faith

Pete

exactly the same thing has happened to my brother, hes a floor fitter which is on skills shortage list but there are not formal qualifications hes worked on the job since aged 16 and ran his own business. In the end hes got a sponsorship to come out here, but cant apply yet as they are in the process of adopting their foster children. Hopefully he should be here this time next yr :wubclub:

Have a word with an agent there could be something you could do to improve your chances like gaining some qualification.

Pete

My OH has no formal qualifications as there is no apprenticeship for his trade and we used a guy called Glenn Newton to do the TRA for us, apparantly he used to be a director in the TRA and is now an Immigration Agent, he was fantastic, even reduced the fee he quoted by half :shocked: as we had done so much work towards it. It might be worthwhile emailing him for some advice, his email address alms@alms.com.au it's worth a try.

Good luck

Jackie

Hi terjo

I had my first TRA refused because they will not recognise the G.T.P which is an English teaching qualification. Anyway my agent broke down my work experience and qualifications and sent it back. I have now passed the TRA, ok I cannot teach in Adelaide but we are still going.

Don't give up hope if you have an agent make them work for their money. Our application has been going on since Jan 07. Fight for it!!!

Best Wishes Janine and Richard

Guest the staffords
Hi everyone i just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone at PIA as our journey has come to an end today, i found out we didnt make the skills assessment. Apparently 8 years experience as a BT Engineer is not enough to get through on the TRA. We have been advised to wait for the Pathway D to be completed, so that all those that cant get through with no college education for their skills. This should be the way forward for those that have on the job training and skills from an employer, and over 5 years experience. Im not sure how long it is going to take for it to be completed, but we have patience. I just wanted to say good luck to everyone else out there, go for it, and enjoy the process it will be worth it in the end. And you never know when they finish the Pathway D, we can try again.

Terjo:wubclub:

GOOD LUCK

dont dont give in....i came to adelaide in 1992 first..lasted 6 months and went back...landed at heathrow and knew id made a big mistake...got divorced...re-married and tried to talk new wife in comin to oz..no luck..then in 1996,she agreed..we tried but at 36 i was too old(got max points for trade etc)..i was gutted...then heard news item in 2004 saying how easy it was???? to get into oz..tried again and got visa 4 months before i was 45(really to old then)...so,after 13 years of pining to get back...i did it...we should be aussie citizens on jan 26th next year?...chase your dreams...never give in...good luck.

Guest Sharron & Andrew

I agree with the others - Don't give up.

My husband is dyslexic and so has no formal qualifications even though he did an apprenticeship, he has been a bricklayer since the age of 16 and ran his own business for years. We have wanted to come to Australia for the last 10 years, but it is only since they changed the rules and intoroduced Vetasses that we have been able to apply.

If you want it enough you will eventually find a way.

Good luck

Sharron x

You are all rally amazing people and it has really done me good to read all your lovely messages. Dont worry i wont give up.Weve put too much work into this. Whats the saying 'its not worth having unless you have to fight for it.'

I will be praying for all of you, and if you're not there already dont worry you will be. good luck to you all and i will let you know how things are going.

Teresa and John xx

Thank you for your kind words. In the email she sent to me there was no real indication only to say that they are workin on it and hope it is running in the next few months. I am lucky that john (my OH) is only 41 so we have a little time to play with. She said to keep an eye on there sight http://www.visabureau.com/ so heres waiting.There is hope

Guest Nicky&Andy

dont give up, you can make it happen, we applied 6 yrs ago (must have had a dodgy agent, took our money and we didnt get past tra stage) by luck i was reading a book wasting time on my lunch hour, all about australia , an agents name was in the back so contacted him, he said we had the skills and couldnt see a problem, the rest is history. so please dont give up, you must feel horrible right now, but is sounds like you have the skills so look forward not back , good luck

Guest Nicky&Andy

the books called "going to live in australia" by mary neilson & mathew collins, and the agency is www.amblercollins.com a newzealand guy called Adrian dawson delt with us. They are based in london.

might be worth ringing , and explaining your situation, to see what their oppion is(sorry cant spell)

mathew collins who wrote the book is a managing partner of the company so may be worth a try

good luck