Shipping without a visa

Denise

Hoping somebody can answer this question, I've asked it before but got no replies:sad:

We applied for our visa In June and have booked our flights to go June 2009, we are pretty set on going whether the visa arrives or not and will just take a trip to N Zealand when it does arrive.

The question is....... Can we ship our stuff and dog over without a visa?

Not sure if they want proof before they allow the dog into the country, has anyone ever done this??

Hi there, I have asked that question to a few removal companies some say yes others say no. The ones that say yes, say that it is risky and we might have to pay more at customs. The ones that say no say that it could be refused meaning that you would have to pay for it to be shipped back to the UK. I don't know what to do, because it would be good to send things before end so that by the time you get there you have all your stuff. Otherwise once you get there you will be buying new stuff to keep you going and then you have shipped that same stuff (if does make sense).

It does make sense, we dont want to loose our flight money but need to make the decision on shipping stuff a few months before. If only the damn visas weren't taking so long we wouldnt have to make this decision.

Mind you I think your reply has pretty much decided for us, there is no way we will risk paying again, may as well just re book our flights and loose that money?

Hopefully our visas will be here for March and everything will be fine and dandy!!

Hi, its worth you asking your removal company for their opinion or ring a few just to get their expert opinion, but that was what they told me. I notice you lodged it at the same time as me.

Our agent thinks we will get it by Nov (or at the latest Jan). I hope so. We have front loaded all the documents online now.

Other thing we have considered is to put things in storage, we going travelling and then once we get the visa tell them to ship it.

The bit I find more tricky is to get the timing right and know what is best to ship. Good luck.

Decided now on a removal company, using John Mason. They told me they happy to ship without the visa, that is entirely our responsability but advise for us to wait as closer to the date as possible (when we know we getting it).

This is all good info, Ill give them a call nearer the time.

Which agent are you using?? We are using the emmigration group and so far they have been brilliant but since I keep chasing the visa they are telling us nothing is happening and they are still dealing with October 2007 applicants!! That's not what I have heard from other people and have seen visa's granted from Jan 08 applications.

Oh well, will sit tight and decided nearer the time.

If you remember, will you let me know when you get your visa seen as we applied at the same time.

PS Do John Mason have a website?