Police Checks

Guest sam2500

Guest sam2500

Hi all,

Not posted for a while, but things are starting to move for us now so its all getting a bit scary!

Our visa application has been submitted and medicals booked for tomorrow, although me and OH only have to have chest x-ray ( 457 temporary visa ).

My 7 year old Son is having a medical, as he is entering a school, will he have blood taken at his medical?

Just wondering about the Police checks and when they will be requested?

How do you then go about getting your records?

Anyone also going on 457 visa, would love to know how you are doing ?

Thanks a lot!

Sue, David and Sam.

Guest Django

Hi guys

If you have booked your medicals I would do your PCs about the same time. Don't wait to be asked for them. The expiry date on your visa goes on 12 months from either the date of your PCs processed or the date your medicals are finalised in Oz. Which ever is earliest. Your 7 year old will not need a blood test so no worries there.

Pete

Guest Greg & Dani

Hi there, we are on a 175 permanent visa. in our medicals we had the chest xrays and a full medical including blood tests (HIV test) and urine test. now i don't know if you have to go through the same, for us there was only one doctor we could go to in our area and the whole procedure took about 30 mins for both of us + 5 mins x ray time. about police checks, we got ours ready for the same time as medicals. are you with an agency or on your own? if you only need police checks for the UK, go to your local police station and ask for the forms. they will be able to give your more information also. hope that helps, good luck!!! Dani.

Guest The Angus Clan
Hi all,

Not posted for a while, but things are starting to move for us now so its all getting a bit scary!

Our visa application has been submitted and medicals booked for tomorrow, although me and OH only have to have chest x-ray ( 457 temporary visa ).

My 7 year old Son is having a medical, as he is entering a school, will he have blood taken at his medical?

Just wondering about the Police checks and when they will be requested?

How do you then go about getting your records?

Anyone also going on 457 visa, would love to know how you are doing ?

Thanks a lot!

Sue, David and Sam.

Hi we are just about to do police checks and I have believe you have to get a police certificate (£35 each) - I printed off forms from ACRO web site - their contact e-mail is acro.policecertificates@acro.pnn.police.uk , Tel no.

Hi All, we are also going on a 457 visa, I spoke to the agents who are sorting everthing for us and I was told that we did not require Police checks for the 457 visa. I had full medical and x-ray due to being the main applicant (Nurse) hubby just had chest x-ray, now just waiting for our visa nomination number from the QEH so can then submit visa application.

Jo x