Why S.a

Guest Kiki

Guest Kiki

Hi Everyone:cool:

Can I ask a burning question. Why have you decided on S.A? I asked the same question in another forum but less people were actually going to gauge a good response.

We are hopefully emigrating on a 136 Visa (fingers crossed) Our reasons for Adelaide is better value homes, family friendly atmosphere, Its up and comming and apparently easier to get licenses (OH a Plumber) Now I have never been to Adelaide so maybe you guys who are there or who have visited can verify this.

Did you chose Adelaide or are you going due to Visa restrictions. Where else would you go? Are planning on doing your two years and shooting off to another location?

We really just want to make sure we are heading to the right place and your opinions would be truely appreciated.:confused:

Kind Regards

Kimberley x

Guest Matt & Suzi

Hiya

We originally wanted to go to Melbourne as we have friends there and they told us how great it was, but due to visa restrictions we could only move to Adelaide but now after researching it im so glad of visa restrictions. Although we have never been to Oz we feel Adelaide is going to be the place we call home.

Hi Kiki

Before we started the process, we said that we would love to live in Sydney, but it would be way too expensive for us and that Perth & Adelaide were the contenders. We really could decide which one...but then when we met up with our Agents, because of the points...we only had enough for the sponsorship route ....so Adelaide it was.

We were pleased about it, the choice was taken from us and fate had decided......

After researching adelaide, I think it really would be the one we would have finally chosen. We have no desire to go moving around oz (accept for holidays) and will make Adelaide our home.

sarahx

Guest donna T

Had to come to Adelaide really because of the points.Now we are here - probably wouldn't go anywhere else at least not whilst the children are still at home - it is lovely here !

Guest steph&neil

hi same reasons as yourself really - better affordability; living & housing. It seems very similar to where we live now size & surroundings wise.

Again we pick Adelaide as it is easier to be granted a visa (fingers crossed!)

At the moment we aren't thinking about relocating within the country - but I guess that is not something we can think about till we are there!

We just wanted a nice place for the kids to grow up in seems quite good education system, low crime rate & when the kids are old enough to leave home they will be able to get on the property ladder - impossible here, we would like them to leave when they feel ready - no excuses that they cant (heheheeh)

We realise that it is going to be hard at times but, we have been together 13 years & haven't killed 1 another yet! His folks died years back & mine emigrated to europe 5 years ago, so i guess we feel this move less than those leaving family behind.

just want to give it a go - no point in looking back with "what if......................)

good luck to everyone giving it a go!

steph

Guest Kiki

Thanks guys for Posting very reassuring. In my gut I feel Adelaide is right for us. But everyone I talk to is heading to Brisbane.

Thanks again

Kimberley x

Guest pigzmickey

Each and every state I applied to for sponsorship came through, but when I visited Adelaide I just new it was for me. Its still so young (from a developement point of view), clean, safe, friendly and very pretty! The coastal views are incredible, not slating the other states, but crisp, clean and nearly deserted in places...

Just hope it lasts...

Guest Ian & Diane

hi kiki

Have 2 sisters living in Brisbane and we still chose Adelaide it gets to hot we went to visit a few years back in our summer their winter and it was in the 70's Adelaide just seems to be alot cheaper and friendlier :)

Guest Libby1971

Hi

We were thinking of Victoria. A friend of ours is applying on a 495 and while we were helping her find information on Adelaide, we found that we actually retaher liked the look of it.

We came her ready to settle and thought that if it was relaly dire, we could move if it wasn't for us.

We have been here 5 weeks adn it is everything I had hoped for when we decided to move to Oz. I love it.

Hope to see you here soon

Libby

Guest deb and stoo

Hi

We had no choice as we're on a 495 visa and have to stay in SA for the first 3 years but from what we've seen and heard it shouldn't be a problem and wouldn't be suprised if we stay there permenantley.Also because the SIR was for the trade I do then it must mean there is work in that particular field at the airport,though I'm not too bothered what I do for work.

:D

Stoo Deb & Boyz

Guest chippie74
Hi Everyone:cool:

Can I ask a burning question. Why have you decided on S.A? I asked the same question in another forum but less people were actually going to gauge a good response.

We are hopefully emigrating on a 136 Visa (fingers crossed) Our reasons for Adelaide is better value homes, family friendly atmosphere, Its up and comming and apparently easier to get licenses (OH a Plumber) Now I have never been to Adelaide so maybe you guys who are there or who have visited can verify this.

Did you chose Adelaide or are you going due to Visa restrictions. Where else would you go? Are planning on doing your two years and shooting off to another location?

We really just want to make sure we are heading to the right place and your opinions would be truely appreciated.:confused:

Kind Regards

Kimberley x

hi there :- We had a 8 week in auss last yr and spent 1 week in every city .We loved all the citys there all good in diffrent ways!!! we decided to pick adelaide just for the laid back feel of the place and the green veiws to one side of the city and the sea to the other!! just felt relaxed we are going on 136modl visa and our flights are booked .We land 2nd september..cnt wait..

We were always set on going to Perth as we have friends there and they told us how great it was but we didn't get the necessary points for Richards job so we started looking at Adelaide. One of the things that we were concerned about were schools, sea and affordability-it seemed to tick all the boxes so we booked a two week holiday to Perth last August followed by a week in Adelaide to compare the two. We loved Perth but felt it was too far away from the rest of Australia. We did have a couple of weeks of Australians telling us tales about 'the city of churches' and how smalltown Adelaide was. Arrived in Adelaide full of trepidation and spent the first night in tears as we arrived in the dark to the most awful accomodation. We were staying in Glenelg so Richard ventured out and found a lovely restaurant and after a glass of red all seemed a little rosier!!! Spend 6 days really looking round and decided to go for it. Up shot of this ramble is that Richard went back in March, got a really good job, found a great school and a house and he flew out today to spend 7 weeks travelling with work before we join him. Adelaide felt comfortable, not as glitzy and American as Perth but just the right balance for a young family, (and a boating mad husband). I would say, go an have a look, everyone has different likes and dislikes and if you ever get to Malvern I'm sure the barbie will be on!!!!:D

Joanne

Brisbane is lovely, so is Sydney & we also like the Gold Coast, in fact after our hols last yr I can honestly say I would settle anywhere really.......but then 3 consultations later, a points test identifying the most appropriate visa class & it was the SIR495, which yes is provisional etc but we opted for Adelaide because you can live & work in the city of Adelaide, affordable houses, great outdoor lifestyle for the kids, open space (lots of), beaches to die for & hopefully a skill that will allow my OH to work & secure PR after 2 years.

SIR495 does allow you to live elsewhere in Oz but you are restricted eg WA does not include Perth itself, Queensland does not include Brisbane & Gold Coast etc

Adelaide will be our home from Aug / Sept 07

Angela