where to send passports

sue2oz

gosh, it's been so long i hardly remember ...

defenitly to australia house in london along with a prepaid recorded envelope (it's one of them silver ones) and the email copies for the visa grant!

i am sure we were given the address where to send them off to?!?!?

but they are very nice there so you could always call and ask them directly

congrats again :wubclub:

Guest Carkyde

Sue

There should be a link in the visa grant letter, just had a look at mine,

Evidence of your visa

It is recommended that all visa holders obtain evidence of their visa in their current passport.

They can have evidence of their visa placed into their passport at any of the departments offshore

offices with visa evidencing facilities. Details of addresses and opening times for these overseas

offices can be found at - http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/index.htm

Please note that a copy of this letter is sufficient for visa evidencing purposes.

IMPORTANT - Visa holders should allow at least five working days after presenting their

passport to a departmental office for the evidencing process to be completed.

It is definately Australia House, you have to send it in a silver prepaid pouch and put another stamped address silver pouch inside with your passports and visa grant letter. Ours took 3 days, really fast service.

Hope this helps and well done on getting visa, now the nerves and excitement really start!!!

C aroline x

gosh, it's been so long i hardly remember ...

defenitly to australia house in london along with a prepaid recorded envelope (it's one of them silver ones) and the email copies for the visa grant!

i am sure we were given the address where to send them off to?!?!?

but they are very nice there so you could always call and ask them directly

congrats again :wubclub:

thanks hunxxx

Sue

There should be a link in the visa grant letter, just had a look at mine,

Evidence of your visa

It is recommended that all visa holders obtain evidence of their visa in their current passport.

They can have evidence of their visa placed into their passport at any of the departments offshore

offices with visa evidencing facilities. Details of addresses and opening times for these overseas

offices can be found at - http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/index.htm

Please note that a copy of this letter is sufficient for visa evidencing purposes.

IMPORTANT - Visa holders should allow at least five working days after presenting their

passport to a departmental office for the evidencing process to be completed.

It is definately Australia House, you have to send it in a silver prepaid pouch and put another stamped address silver pouch inside with your passports and visa grant letter. Ours took 3 days, really fast service.

Hope this helps and well done on getting visa, now the nerves and excitement really start!!!

C aroline x

thanks caroline just foned australia house up they said it can take up to 2 weeks:swoon:

might have to wait till we come back from jersey next week only going forr 1 night to see family and attend a aniversary so hopefully we should have the visa done before we fly out.

thanks caroline just foned australia house up they said it can take up to 2 weeks:swoon:

might have to wait till we come back from jersey next week only going forr 1 night to see family and attend a aniversary so hopefully we should have the visa done before we fly out.

sue dont worry about it - we sent our passports on a fri and they came back on the following wed and i know of 2 other people who were exactly the same - i was panicking as i had booked my flights etc but i think they just say 2 weeks to cover any delays/problems - it should be alot quicker

all the best

sjs