Visa Connection No Longer Trading

Gollywobbler

Hi All

I know that some of the members on here have been using Clare Molnar trading as Visa Connection, or Visa Connection Ltd, in relation to your skills assessments and visa processing.

Everybody affected should have received a copy of the letter which Clare Molnar sent yesterday confirming that she and Visa Connection Ltd have ceased trading.

Further information is on the Poms in Oz thread below:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/45100-visa-connection-closed-down-urgent-read.html

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Trisha

Very many thanks for your help with this thread because it is important to keep bumping it (unless the PiA mods would be willing to make it sticky for a while, please?)

The current estimate is that as many as 80 to 100 clients may have been left in the lurch by the sudden closure of Visa Connection Ltd.

Five reputable, responsible, experienced Registered Migration Agents have come together with an offer of a "lifeboat" to help anyone who may be affected by this.

Poms in Oz is the focal point for trying to help people who are affected. In addition to the thread above, there is now a second, sticky thread in the Migration Issues section as well:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/45177-visa-connections-assistance-cheryl-george-veronika-alan.html

I understand that a Scottish newspaper and a local TV company in Scotland are looking into the ways in which they might help to let affected clients know that organised help is available if they want it and nobody need feel that they are being left to try to work out what to do by themselves.

If anybody simply wants to vent some steam, cry on a shoulder etc, please PM Trisha or I and we will do all we can to help to reassure you that no matter how bad things might seem, they can be put right. This is a promise.

Best wishes

Gill

• 3 weeks later...

Just had to get something off my chest that has been bothering me for a week or so.

Why the hell has this thread not been made 'sticky' for at least a couple of weeks and 'Regular Lads Night Out' has and still is 'sticky'.

I know most of you won't understand the importance of this thread but if you had been affected by this company, like myself and countless others, you would.

Surely by making it 'sticky', it would increase the chances of any affected casual user of PIA seeing it.

Is this a forum for all on a wide range of subjects? Or merely a forum for the mods and their mates to arrange pi@@ ups?? I am sorry to attack the mods but you are the only ones who have the power to make it sticky and have chosen not to.

I can remember keen moderator interest when there was gossip to be heard, where has all that interest gone now??????????????????????

Guest Libby1971

Dear All

I apologise that this hasn't been made a sticky. I watched the news as it was breaking earlier in the year but missed this thread. You are quite right to say it should be made a sticky and I will rectify that.

I was in UK when it started and am still trying to catch up on other matters, small ones of course like hospital appointments, arranging a wedding and other matters for my job:goofy:. Please remember that all of us are doing our best but that we have families and jobs which also make demands of our time, and that sometimes it just is not physically possible to read every single thread every single day.

I wish all of you caught up in this horrendous situation the very best of luck.

Libby

Unlike Libby I make no appology. Stickies are generally made by members requesting them. To my knowledge none of the mods have received such a request and this being the case the thread remained unstuck.

Libby has been out of the country, Ian has been snowed under at work, Rachel works shifts all round the clock and I haven't been around much due to the fact I haven't had an internet connection, have moved house a few times and have been trying to set our new life up. This being the case not every thread has been read and then re read everytime a new post has been added. Therefore Gill's request for a sticky had been missed. If members want threads to be stuck (like those arranging meets) then a simple pm to myself or another mod will do the trick.

The moderating team are just members of this forum like every other member. They receive no payment or perks for putting in the time they do and I am ever so slightly annoyed be the insinuation that they have ignored the issue. We haven't ignored it we were just unaware. Like I stated a pm would have drawn it to our attention to it and it would, I sure, have been stuck immeadiately.

Pete

Hi Trisha

You couldn't possibly have known this (or at least I assume not) but today I have heard of a second Adelaide family who have unwittingly become victims of VC. It is a heartbreaking story - as so many of them are - and I am told that it cannot necessarily be solved.

Needless to say the victims, two generations of the same family, are seriously out of pocket and there is no longer any certainty that their dreams of migrating to Adelaide can be salvaged.

You know better than most what it feels like when that thought hits you. To my dying day I will never forget the sound of your voice on the phone at 8am on the day when you learned how appallingly VC had let you down.

I am told that trying to salvage the new family's original plans is not guaranteed to succeed so I don't know what the eventual outcome will be.

But unless you are in touch with the family concerned I think you must have had a sixth sense a few hours ago.

Thank you very much indeed for your effort to ensure that we do all we can to see to it that if anyone who is caught up with the VC fiasco wants help or just wants a smpathetic ear, people who understand exactly how their situation feels are on hand, led by you.

Thanks to the Mods for making the thread sticky just when an Adelaide based family might need the contacts from it.

Thanks again

Gill :notworthy:

• 7 months later...