gonna do it anyway

Scousemouse

Hi all,

like the Cunnah family, have decided to to the risk; coming without the visa!!!!!:shocked:

We decided on taking the ETA befor the 457 comes through; and the suspense is killing me,,

We will book our flights next week, from Heathrow, cos Manchester is full........so on the 15th Nov, we leave the uk.

Does anyone have any advice on the North Haven area? We plan to rent holiday accomadation; and a good place big enough for 6 has turned up there..........also in Glenelg, which we loved, but couldn't really justify the cost.....

Thanks chaps

Jane

Hi Scousemouse, my best friend lives in North Haven, we visited 2 years ago. It will all depend on what you want but I loved it there and we are looking at living between there and Henley beach when we arrive next March. If you like the beach and marina lifestyle you will love North Haven, it take's about 20 minutes to get to the city on the train. The Sailmaster there we found to be a great pub and the restraunt to great to. We used to see dolphins most days when we visited the coffee shop by the sailmaster. Everyone we met were great and friendly. Hope this help a little.

Jo x

Guest caoimhe
Hi all,

like the Cunnah family, have decided to to the risk; coming without the visa!!!!!:shocked:

We decided on taking the ETA befor the 457 comes through; and the suspense is killing me,,

We will book our flights next week, from Heathrow, cos Manchester is full........so on the 15th Nov, we leave the uk.

Does anyone have any advice on the North Haven area? We plan to rent holiday accomadation; and a good place big enough for 6 has turned up there..........also in Glenelg, which we loved, but couldn't really justify the cost.....

Thanks chaps

Jane

Good luck to you all, I hope it works out for you:wubclub:

Hi all,

Thanks chaps

Jane

just to say good luck guys, us a family of 6 too and we are from liverpool.

we get to adelaide around the 10/12th november taking the long way round!!!

be nice to meet up on the sunnyside.

suexxx

Cheers Sue........

all good wishes gratefully accepted.:) Bet the cunnahs are feeling like me..........scared sensless, excited, anxious, it's like meeting the right guy at the wrong time:biglaugh:.

Getting onto Australia house tomorrow.........just to be safe...... and then who can tell?

It looks like Liverpool will be empty come Christmas..... you Gill and me seem to have depleted a huge amount between us, lol!!

Ah well, im sur the aussies need a decent rendition of "you'll never walk alone" and the clasic " you're in my heart"............

We should meet up; either here or there, just to stave off the homesickness for a scouse voice; i know i missed it in Cheltenham......

Take care, love..........

Jane

Guest colinjez

Hi Jane

We are in the same position as you! We are waiting for our 457 to be issued and have decided to go whether its ready or not! we are also flying from heathrow to Adelaide but on 9th November...we too are scouers!!! but currently living in Prestatyn.

We havnt decided where we are going to settle but we are staying near Glenelg untill after xmas. We have a 10 year old son who is very excited ...maybe we could all meet up a few weeks after arrival. Good luck

Lynn and Colin

Guest colinjez

Hiya Sue

I will post a pic in my avatar nearer the time then if anyone recognises us you can wave us over....We shouldnt be too hard to find .........Colin looks like Phil Mitchel hehe!!!

Cant wait now ...getting nervous about the flight though!

Guest neilrhian

Hi good on you we are here on 457 visas but please dont tell them that u dont have a long term visa when u come in tell them u are here on hols for a month or so they have a habit of trying to catch people out as u come through customs.

Our country really is the best but is very strictly controlled on the borders so take care and enjoy good luck neil