16 days to go

Guest markshelley

Guest markshelley

I was just wondering what all you guys are feeling like out there that have to do the skills test soon.

Im doing mine on the 28th October in Accrington and what im constantly thinking about is that i have 1 day to change the life of me and my family and hope i dont choke when it matters.

What are you guys out there thinking and feeling like????????????????:unsure:

I was just wondering what all you guys are feeling like out there that have to do the skills test soon.

Im doing mine on the 28th October in Accrington and what im constantly thinking about is that i have 1 day to change the life of me and my family and hope i dont choke when it matters.

What are you guys out there thinking and feeling like????????????????:unsure:

Max was hoping to have a skills test this month but his application was delayed because of trying to get employer references. It's been really hard in the building trade and those that we have managed to contact showed no urgency hence the application went last week. I think he will have to do one December now but god knows where. Just want to wish you all the best for your test. I'm sure you will be fine and you certainly won't let your family down. If you are like my OH you know your job inside out and you have high standards, so be confident and just go for it!!!!

Guest markshelley

Im so sorry to hear that you have been delayed due to references, well i was in a very similar situation that all my previous contacts had either moved companies or were out of work but luckily i got in the october date.

Im sure ill be fine but i just keep going back to my earlier days when i used to do jobs in occupied houses and had people looking over my shoulder at what i was doing "it just puts you under extra pressure"...............

Where and when are you hoping to go????

We are hoping to go to Aldinga Beach.....yesterday! Lol! However realistically it will be next year now. I just hope that we get 175 visa's before May as Max will be the dreaded 45! I know we can reapply but it will be for a different visa and we have to start all over again. We may have been in with a chance of it being earlier if he had got the October assessment. He's doing the IELTS test 8th November but I'm not sure if he has to do the Academic or the General Training exam. I've put him down for Academic hope it's the right one they don't seem any different to me. Where are you hoping to settle?

Guest markshelley

We have been told that i need to get our visa application in before january cos i hit the 35 mark and risk losing 5 points if we dont ...

We aint quite decided on the area to settle, we have done a little research but i think ultimately it will depend on us seeing it with our own eyes cos we aint even set foot on ozzy soil.....

We have never been either. It's a huge life changing step isn't it. We can't afford a trip out either to do a reckie. Reading other threads though some don't think it's worth the expense as you are in hoilday mode for the 1st 2 weeks and it's hard to think of living there. It's also money you can spend on other things. We are just going for it. It certainly can't be any worse than the UK! And there will be good weather and it's better life for the kids. We intend to rent for 12 months to be sure we have picked a good area and it's where we want to be. I will be gutted if we don't get visa's now and my OH will be too he is really determined and geared up for it.

Hi Mark

Kim's finally twisted my arm enough to get me to post!!

Mate believe me I was sh***in it before I went, I know what you mean everything rests on you on this one day.

The day wasn't half as bad as I was expecting it to be, the assessor was really down to earth and helpful so put me at ease which does help.

It'll be fine you'll see. Keep us informed of how you get on.

George

Guest markshelley

Now we seem like we are in very much the same boat.

We thought from the outset that if we did a reccie it would be money we could make use of when we get there, and now with the housing market the way it is we will be taking diddly squat in equity made on our house aswell and also how bad is this that i have booked a week off work to do some refurb stuff on our house to make it more sellable, so all in all i will not miss one little bit of this sh*thole of a country...................................................

Guest markshelley

Hi George,

Thanks for your post.

I know all of us have traded a few emails but i just thought id post a thread to get the concensus veiws of all concerned to ease my stress...... but thanks for your view, i am thinking that maybe im worrying about nothing but i still go back to what if i fail ill never live it down and all that stuff, etc, etc............

You know the hip roof:

1) Do they ask you do birdsmouth's? over the plywood edge

2) Also im tring to get my head round the scaling down and working out the angles and lengths syndrome??????????? duh duh

Ill be in touch