'foreign' documents - who can translate?

Guest mOZzy

Guest mOZzy

hello :)

i was just wondering if anyone had some experience with this.

english is not my first language so obviously i have my documents not in english and was just wondering who - i assume they will have to be translated??? - can 'officially' translate them? (here in the uk)

thanks for your help

ps: i hope this makes sense??? :eek:

Guest steph&neil

hi not too sure,

but do know a few registered translators, let me know the language & I will let you know if I can help!, :oi can email & fingers crossed get a reply for you by tomorrow! Monday at the latest!

steph x

Guest mOZzy

oops, i didn't mean asap :cool: ... just inquireing ... i was wondering if there was a 'list' like for the medicals iykwim

but soonish - hopefully! (once OH gets everything together for his tra!)

and it's german

but thanks guys for jumping in so quickly - very much appreciated!

ps: i might come back to you though ;)

Guest mOZzy

oh, i could translate them easily myself. but would they accept it?!?! i mean for documents like 'birth certificate, marriage cert., and therelike'

i might just be a bit pessimistic and expect them to want an 'official (authorised) translator'

any ideas?

and thanks for your offer anyways (and your quick reply :))

Guest steph&neil

hi sorry my friend cant do German but after talking to her today she is fairly sure there would be nothing wrong with doing them yourself & having the certified by a qualified translator this would be quickest & cheaper option good luck steph x

Hi Mozzy

Just thought I would add that we live in France and had to get certain documents in French translated for the TRA and then to send with our visa application. I looked on the australian government website for australian registered translators (NAATI). It lists all of them in different countries, I'm sure there will be quite a few in the UK. My translator here in France was very reasonable, it might be better to enquire first to get something from a registered translator.

Hope this has helped, good luck.

Carla