anyone gone into oz on a 461 visa?

Guest grantanddebs

Guest grantanddebs

hello there,

i have a 461 visa which is for new zealand citizens and their spouses to get a 5yr visa into ozzie.

i am a uk citizen , but am a NZ permanent resident (but not passport holder)

we arrive next thursday in adelaide and wondered do we just go in the international arrival queue at customs?? does debs have to go in the line for nz citizens and me too or do we go in different lines??

not sure. any other info we should be aware of?

cheers, Grant and debs

Oh dear - that's confusing. At a guess I would say the international line for you if you still have a UK passport and the NZ line for Debs if her passport is NZ.

Good luck with the travelling!

When my hubby and daughters came back from UK last year, my youngest who was 13 and the only one who had an Aus passport went through the faster citizen entry point and waited around for my other daughter and hubby to clear the scrutiny entry point with their res return visas. Airport officials being who they are asked my daughter why she was hanging around and then told her that her dad and sis could have come through with her! and she had to move on and wait elsewhere no loiterers allowed LOL. So try going through with her as you are travelling together...they will only tell you to get back in line if they don't like it.

Guest grantanddebs

hi there, thanks for the good advice. will give this a try!! i suppose it makes sense, although its easy to worry about things like this as im sure you know!

thanks, Grant:notworthy: