Leeds expo

Guest DianeJ

Hi all,

went to the Leeds expo today just so me and my oh could show our documents to Westpac staff as we are opening an account outside of the 90 day rule. Our bank wouldn't do it but that's another story..............

Anyway when my oh went round giving his cv out to the agencies there, we were met with Adelaide.... why are you going there! It was as if we had two heads, freaks...

They all said we should be going to Perth or Brisbane.

In fact when I mention to people that we are going to Adelaide, the responses have been underwhelming. We are on a perm visa so we can go anywhere........... and now I feel like:arghh:

sorry just wanted a rant

Diane

In Adelaide feb 09 hopefully

Guest nichola

We went too to see what our options are. And although got a different response for Adelaide - which was positive:cute:, we now don't know which visa we should be applying for:arghh:.

A couple ofweeks ago we contacted a couple of agents to see what our options might be and one told to go for the 175, another told us the 176 as may struggle for 120 points and now today we find out OH's occupation not on 176 list and maybe we should look at 475:confused:. Arghh - heads have been spinning since we came back as to what to do as I would really prefer a perm. visa rather than a 3 year temp.

Anyway we have been lucky enough to viist Adelaide twice and think it's a lovely place so boo hoo to those at the Expo who were negative - they obviously don't have good taste:p lol.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to get extra points to secure the 120 for the 175 visa - i really what to get the ball rolling.

How helpful did you find the Expo??

Guest Guest75

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

That is funny Diane.

We had the same thing said when we arrived here 8 years ago.

People ask why we had moved here/ how did you find out about Adelaide? - as though it was a big secret.

I do some business interstate - and get asked the same "Why do you live there?"

Keep it a secret for me!!!!!!

I've visited Melbourne and Darwin - nice to get back home to Adelaide.

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

That is funny Diane.

We had the same thing said when we arrived here 8 years ago.

People ask why we had moved here/ how did you find out about Adelaide? - as though it was a big secret.

I do some business interstate - and get asked the same "Why do you live there?"

Keep it a secret for me!!!!!!

I've visited Melbourne and Darwin - nice to get back home to Adelaide.

Thanks for that Tyke.

Maybe other Aussies don't realise what they're missing then! When we first started this process it was either Perth or Adelaide for us. In my opinion Perth is going to be too expensive for the 5 of us as we would like to build our own house eventually.

I must start growing a thicker skin then and get used to the comments!

Diane

Hi Nichola,

I guess for me I didn't find the expo helpful, just lots of negativity re Adelaide but I was obviously talking to the wrong people!. We are at the end of the process, but for people starting out I think they are helpful but I think you can find out more on here

Good luck with it all

Diane