Conflicting Information for Visa Type - Arghh

Guest nichola

Guest nichola

Has anyone else had this problem?

Spoke to a couple of agents over the last few weeks, who have advised different visas; 175 or 176 (as feels may struggle with points). Thought we just had to decide which we felt would be the best/easier option.

But today at the Leeds Expo advised seemingly OH's occuaption not on 176 list and advised to go down 475 route. Looks like this is right.

Would prefer to get a permanent visa as would like to think we are in for the long haul and make Australia our new home.

Does anyone know of ways we can increase our points total to secure the 175 visa. My OH is 35 and a mechanical engineer though has been advised his line of work is classed as production engineering in Oz.:notworthy:

Both our heads are spinning as we thought we were just about ready to get the ball rolling and instead I felt like someone has kicked it over the fence:confused:.

Any advise welcome:notworthy:

Guest nichola
doh just seen it x

No worries - why does everything have to be confusing. we are just desperate to get the ball rolling do things right so hopefully not slow down the process...:goofy:

Has anyone else had this problem?

Spoke to a couple of agents over the last few weeks, who have advised different visas; 175 or 176 (as feels may struggle with points). Thought we just had to decide which we felt would be the best/easier option.

But today at the Leeds Expo advised seemingly OH's occuaption not on 176 list and advised to go down 475 route. Looks like this is right.

Would prefer to get a permanent visa as would like to think we are in for the long haul and make Australia our new home.

Does anyone know of ways we can increase our points total to secure the 175 visa. My OH is 35 and a mechanical engineer though has been advised his line of work is classed as production engineering in Oz.:notworthy:

Both our heads are spinning as we thought we were just about ready to get the ball rolling and instead I felt like someone has kicked it over the fence:confused:.

Any advise welcome:notworthy:

Hi,

you could try doing the IELTS ( English Test ) to get extra points, a UK citizen gets 15 points for being an English native speaker but if you score high enough you could get an extra 10 points.

Simon:)

Guest nichola

Just like to say thank you for your support. We are going to go back to the agents to tell them what we were told at the Expo and see what they say, and take it from there. Will also check out the English test to see if that helps get us back on the 175 for points.

Many thanks guys:notworthy: and I will let you know the outcome though it may be a few weeks. Also if anyone can think of any other way to get extra points - please let us know - we'll try anything, well as long as it's legal:biglaugh::biglaugh:.

Just like to say thank you for your support. We are going to go back to the agents to tell them what we were told at the Expo and see what they say, and take it from there. Will also check out the English test to see if that helps get us back on the 175 for points.

Many thanks guys:notworthy: and I will let you know the outcome though it may be a few weeks. Also if anyone can think of any other way to get extra points - please let us know - we'll try anything, well as long as it's legal:biglaugh::biglaugh:.

Hi Nichola

Even Go Matilda are not always right and they are not engineers either. I'd get OH to check this out himself and tell us all what sort of Engineer he actually is.

Please see this link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/a-z.htm#e

The ASRI descriptions are taken from the ASCO Code, which is the authoritative document and the descriptions in it of different occupations are much more detailed as well.

http://www.ausstats.abs.gov.au/ausstats/free.nsf/Lookup/A86A0162E6F672DFCA256ADB001D10D4/$File/asco.pdf

The alphabetical index of occupations is at the back. Adobe does funny things with the page numbering. If you accept that Adobe has found Page 252 or whatever and you click on it, it will be Page 194 in the Code itself. So once you are in roughly the right place in the Code, use the page numbering at the foot of each page of the Code itself after that. Then the thing is reasonably easy to work!

Having done both bits of research, what does Hubby say he is:

1. A mechanical engineer?

2. A production engineer?

3. A hybrid of the two?

If 3, get a second opinion from George Lombard in Sydney. George has been a Registered Migration Agent for much longer than Alan Collett, is less conservative than Alan and George has been known to do be able to do deals with the State Migration people, whereby they will sometimes accept a not-quite-perfect fit with their criteria when a hybrid occupation is involved.

It is crucial that Hubby's occupation is identified accurately at this stage because a lot of points and visa options are potentially at stake.

George Lombard's website is here:

http://www.austimmigration.com.au/site/?q=node/6

It is not unusual for two RMAs to reach two different conclusions about a given client's occupation and visa options.

Best wishes

Gill

Hi

My hubbie did the IELTS English test as we were a bit short on points and this did get us an extra 10 points.

We are going down the 176 route and were advised by Four Corners who had all different kind of ways to get in!!

Hope you get what you want

Karen

Guest nichola

Thanks Guys for the support. Spoke to a few people (especailly agents suggested:notworthy:) and it look like we might be back on track. We seem to asking the rights quetions now which is obviously a great help to clarifying our situation.:jiggy:

Hello Nichola and Lee.

Please feel able to send me a PM or an email (alan - at - gomatilda - dot - com) if you would like me to look into your situation more fully.

Best regards.

Hello Alan and welcome to pia. Long time no speak.

Glad to see you're now on here.

Nick

x