At last after 11 months we have 475 Visa !!!

delbart

Hi all

We received e-mail this morning to say we have our 475 visa........it has taken almost 11 months for it to get here. Feel so relieved but also really scared. We plan to move in Feb and will be actively trying to get flights sorted. I am sure we will have loads of questions but at the moment am in shock. Hope the rest of you 475 ers don't have to wait this long and they get a bit of a spurt on.

Jan

Guest rockpool crab
Hi all

We received e-mail this morning to say we have our 475 visa........it has taken almost 11 months for it to get here. Feel so relieved but also really scared. We plan to move in Feb and will be actively trying to get flights sorted. I am sure we will have loads of questions but at the moment am in shock. Hope the rest of you 475 ers don't have to wait this long and they get a bit of a spurt on.

Jan

Fantastic News Jan

CONGRATULATIONS from the Hannah family.

Many thanks everyone for your good wishes, it's really strange but you wait so long for the visa and now I don't even feel that elated! Even my hubby was really calm when he opened the e-mail. Guess I feel it's real now and we need to get flights booked, house rented out and it's just so SCARY :arghh:. I think I have spent months thinking about it but now it's rela and got to get on with it. We have friends that have gone through the whole process and now changed their minds, there is no way we are doing that and will get a flight booked this week. No going back then.

On another note can anyone answer a query I have, if it's a 475 Visa do we need to get stamp in Visa from the London Embassy? The visa letter doesn't mention it so assume we travel with the letter, this will get us into Oz and details are held on computer database. Don't want to get there and thenbe let in.... Hope someone out there knows,thanks.

Jan

Many thanks everyone for your good wishes, it's really strange but you wait so long for the visa and now I don't even feel that elated! Even my hubby was really calm when he opened the e-mail. Guess I feel it's real now and we need to get flights booked, house rented out and it's just so SCARY :arghh:. I think I have spent months thinking about it but now it's rela and got to get on with it. We have friends that have gone through the whole process and now changed their minds, there is no way we are doing that and will get a flight booked this week. No going back then.

On another note can anyone answer a query I have, if it's a 475 Visa do we need to get stamp in Visa from the London Embassy? The visa letter doesn't mention it so assume we travel with the letter, this will get us into Oz and details are held on computer database. Don't want to get there and thenbe let in.... Hope someone out there knows,thanks.

Jan

hi jan i asked the same question the day we got ours

we have the 175 visa and we sent our passports with the visa grant letter (off the e-mail) to london australia house last wednesday and got them back saturday morning really quick and it cost £10 99p

hope this helps and congratulations on the visa good luck guys

suexxx

we have the 175 visa and we sent our passports with the visa grant letter (off the e-mail) to london australia house last wednesday and got them back saturday morning really quick and it cost £10 99p

suexxx

Hi Sue

Thanks for reply and best wishes, did it tell you to do that in your visa letter? As we have 475 visa am not sure if it's the same as it doesn't mention doing this in the letter. You know this whole visa thing is so confusing and I honestly don't think I am thick but am starting to think I am. Serves me right not using an Agent ha ha.

Jan

suexxx

Sue

Just ignore me. I have re-read the visa letter and for our 475 visa we do have to send it off to London to get visa stamp. It's official I am thick ! Will get them posted out ASAP. Thanks for your help.;)

Guest HelenAndSiggi
Hi all

Jan

Congratulations!

Wish you all the best in Oz.