Front loading Meds?

Guest ReadyPenny

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi All

We have our meds booked for Halloween!!! Am a bit confused as to how to send them to DIAC. I have read that if we applied online, we must submit all docs online, but I can't find the "e health" forms referred to on the Doctor's letter.

The only forms I can find are the paper ones to download and send via courier.

What shall I do? Please help!!!

Mandy

Hi All

We have our meds booked for Halloween!!! Am a bit confused as to how to send them to DIAC. I have read that if we applied online, we must submit all docs online, but I can't find the "e health" forms referred to on the Doctor's letter.

The only forms I can find are the paper ones to download and send via courier.

What shall I do? Please help!!!

Mandy

Hi Mandy,

Don't panic. You don't send it to anyone. The doctors do. The thing is if you are given them then you could doctor (excuse the pun) them.

The place you have the meds done should know where to send them but I'd ring up first to make sure.

Pete

Guest sarahsmartiepants

when we did ours, the panel doctor had to send them himself, but we used and agent, so I dont know too much about applying as the agent took care of everything

sarah

Hi Mandy.

Just sent you a PM too about my meds but it cost me £50 to have them sent to Sydney with the Doctor. If you ask me that's a rip off but if it gets them there quickly and safely then i was happy. Think they'll probably charge different everywhere you go.

Good luck and hope yours aren't to different to how mine were.

Guest ReadyPenny

Just my flamin' luck, my assets are more "embarrassments" than assets. Thanks for the warning tho, will borrow a nursing bra from my sister and get my m & s pants out just as soon as I get home from work (which I'm not doing much of today) he he

Mandy

Mandy,

How long from booking till appointment?

Can you give us some idea of the cost per person?

We have got to book ours soon but have another doctor in Manchester to look at.

Thanks Rob and Mel

Hi

We used St John Street , Manchester, called for the appointment on the Thursday and got it for the following Wednesday.

They are so lovely there, really professional but also keep you really relaxed.

We only had them last week so these costs are accurate.........

Xrays £72.00 each

Medicals £115.00 each for adults

Medicals £55.00 each for under 11's

Courier fee to Sydney £14.00 per person

Blood tests are £29.00 each although if you have any piercings or tatoos you will need an extra 2 tests for Hep B £29.00 and Hep C 41.00

If you pay on credit card they charge 2 1/2%.

Just under £700 for us for a family of 4, in and out in less than 2hours.

Denise

Guest BAZnDAF
Mandy,

How long from booking till appointment?

Can you give us some idea of the cost per person?

We have got to book ours soon but have another doctor in Manchester to look at.

Thanks Rob and Mel

Hi guys,

I rang them last week and they said to give them 2 weeks notice for an appointment.

Can you let me know the prices of the other Doctor when you contacted them, as the St John Street Doctors seem expensive. Or, if you could tell me which one you are contacting that would be helpful.

Thanks

Barry

Guest ReadyPenny

Barry

Cant remember exactly but there was nothing in it. Much of a muchness, cheapest I got was £476 for 2 adults 1 child but it was in Leeds, not worth saving £50 and travelling

mandy

Guest BAZnDAF
Barry

Cant remember exactly but there was nothing in it. Much of a muchness, cheapest I got was £476 for 2 adults 1 child but it was in Leeds, not worth saving £50 and travelling

mandy

Mine works out at £833 for medicals, and maybe more as the girls and the wife have peircings :(

Guest BAZnDAF

Just an Update.

I rang the Medical Clinic at Lanc Burn Health Centre, Salford. they also advised a 2 week notification for an appointment, the costs are as follows.

Adult med £100 (aged 11 or above)

HIV test £28.20

I mentioned that Hollie (17) has a belly button peircing, the lady (linda) told me the doctor would look at it and would decide whether she had to have a Heb-B test. If so then that would be £28.20

The X-Rays are done at the hospital a mile away and are charged at £60-£70

Courier fee would be £70 for the 4 of us

So by the time I worked it out the were around £2 more expensive.

I find it hard to workout why one place charges £47 for courier and another charges £70. But in the grand scheme of things its not worth worrying about.

I have decided on St John Street as they do the X-Rays as well.

Barry