This Agent?????

Guest DANO

We are currently looking for an agent to start our skilled visa and have seen an advert for "Destination Oz".

Has anybody used/using them? as i would appreciate some feed back and if not any reccomendations of agents would be good.

WE JUST WANT TO GET STARTED!!!!!

What line of work are you in? You don't neccessarily need an agent. We didn't use one but ours was more or less straight forward. If you do feel you need one you could do a lot worse than get hold of Alan Collett of Go Matilda.

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/member.php?u=2928

Although I have had no real dealings with him I have been involved with others that he has helped out when things went 'a bit wrong' and everyone of them wished the went with him from the start.

Good luck with it all.

Pete

Guest Tracijbc

Hi,

To be honest everyone has an opinion on this question, as we have all had different experiences. Our agent, Visa-Go were absolutely brilliant and we would recommend them to anyone. although, friend of our, (he is an Electrcician), didn't use an agent and have just activated their visa on a reccie, so it's entirely up to you.

Good luck with the search.

Traci x

Good luck with whoever you decide to go with. We went with GO Matilda and they have been great. I am sure Sarah works 24 hours as she always seems to come straight back with answers.

When I get stressed Sarah just seems to sort everything out :)

Lisa

Hi there,

We used Mick Breen from destination Oz, he made sure we had all the correct info for visa and for the tra when we arrived.

Very good, i have no probs in recommending him, he was quite resonable aswell.

good luck

laura xxx

We are currently looking for an agent to start our skilled visa and have seen an advert for "Destination Oz".

Has anybody used/using them? as i would appreciate some feed back and if not any reccomendations of agents would be good.

Hi

We came to Adelaide on a working holiday and are in the middle of being sposored through work. We have went with a agent based in Adelaide who are amazing, we have had very little work to do but seeing results very very fasy, we would recommend contacting them as rates etc very resonable too. I have noted the details for you.

Migration Solutions

Level 1, 19 Market Street, Adelaide, SA, 5000, AUSTRALIA

GPO Box 2051, Adelaide, SA 5001

P: (618) 8211 8597 F: (618) 8211 8361 M: 0400 990 772

W: www.migration-solutions.com.au E: mark@migration-solutions.com.au

Good luck with evrything.

Jolene

Hello Dano

Mick Breen of Destination Oz is not a MARA registered Agent. Then again, everything I've seen written about him has been positive, with his clients pleased with his service.

It is not possible to become a Registered Migration Agent unless one is an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or - in some situations - a Kiwi. That means that there are some first rate agents, such as Shirley & Sheila, who can't become MARA-registered but it does not matter two hoots in terms of their ability, knowledge etc:

http://www.australiamigrate.co.uk/permanent_migration_visa.htm

And you only have to read some of the heartbreaking facts for some of the clients who got involved with VisaConnection in Edinburgh, which had an association with an RMA, to realise that MARA registration is just NOT the sure-fire safety net that it makes itself out to be either.

My view is talk with the relevant agent, NOT with his member of staff only. If the Agent himself impresses you then put the firm on the shortlist. I certainly wouldn't make a choice based on MARA registration alone and the MARA/MIA people would have to pull their socks up very considerably in order to convince me in the wake of the VisaConnection fiasco.

Best wishes

Gill