building work adelaide/aldinga beach?

pablo

hello all, new on here from p.i.o, just wondering if the majority of the building work in adelaide region is in the cbd or is there work in aldinga district, i ask because from what ive seen aldinga looks the type of quieter place we are looking at moving to, hoping we can sell our house over here before june when we have to activate visa and go over together, then again if the building industry over here is dead after xmas it might be that i might as well go over on my own asap and try and set things up for when my partner comes over, sorry if im rambling, just thought i would give you a bit of background info, btw im a bricklayer. thx

Guest Nicky, Alan and Kids

I live near Aldinga and loads and loads of building work, new houses seem to be going up everyday, I dont really travel much to the city so cant comment on the building work there.

I live near Aldinga and loads and loads of building work, new houses seem to be going up everyday, I dont really travel much to the city so cant comment on the building work there.

thanks for that, just hoping that i might not have to travel as much over there,so good to know. cheers

Guest guest569

As already said there is LOADS of building work going on at Aldinga but the thing is once you get in with a builder the supervisor will want to keep you to himself so he will send you to all of his sites to keep you busy. You may get one or two houses at Aldinga in a row then you could be off to say flagstaff hill or the Marrion just for one or two then back to Aldinga again. I have found i travel more here than i did in the UK but the roads and the traffic are alot better here.

As already said there is LOADS of building work going on at Aldinga but the thing is once you get in with a builder the supervisor will want to keep you to himself so he will send you to all of his sites to keep you busy. You may get one or two houses at Aldinga in a row then you could be off to say flagstaff hill or the Marrion just for one or two then back to Aldinga again. I have found i travel more here than i did in the UK but the roads and the traffic are alot better here.

nice avatar! had a season ticket since 1976, bought for my 14th birthday by my nan for £14.20 pence! sadly had to rent it out for the last 2 years to fund oz move, but anyway.....i live near wigan now and my usual commute is an hour into lpool or similar to manchester, stuck in traffic all the way of course! the areas you mention im not realy familiar with as regards to distance, i only have a limited idea of areas through the internet im afraid. any ideas on areas to live would be great btw, been told aviod elizabeth for instance? we are 45 and 41 and we have burnt the candle at both ends , so want somewhere quietish now, is aldinga ok in your opinion? sorry about all the questions btw,cheers

Guest Nicky, Alan and Kids

I like Aldinga its growing on a daily basis,nice beaches, pubs, shops, schools etc but on a smaller scale. Anything major that I require then I go to Noarlunga which if the freeway is the right direction takes me about 20mins

I like Aldinga its growing on a daily basis,nice beaches, pubs, shops, schools etc but on a smaller scale. Anything major that I require then I go to Noarlunga which if the freeway is the right direction takes me about 20mins

thanks for that, is noalunga a nice area? is it on the coast? nice to know theres some pubs in aldinga, my mate lives in perth and has an hour walk to his nearest pub! not that i go out much over here, im a leper ,sorry smoker! and dont go out much since the ban, the same ban applies in oz im told ,but hopefully an alfresco pint will be more pleasurable over there. is it expensive to get sky/fox sports over there for the footy? sorry about all the questions btw, thx again