not giving up yet
I want to say a really big thanks to all of you for the advice you have given. I just wanted to let you know as there are a lot of us in the same dilema. We tried the TRA for OH only to be turned down and said that pathway D is closed now, and not looking at being open any time soon(if ever).
We decided we definely want to go, and dont care how long it takes.
I did an assessment only to find out i wasnt qualified enough either(foster carer with NVQ3). So i start a foundation degree next sept.
But then my husband said, as he was unable to prove his acedemic qualifications for his trade as a bt engineer he would re-train, so he has decided to start a course in January to become an electrician (after he has completed that they will help him get work) this could take a year, we hope, and then he needs to be able to get proper experience and then we wait. So if all goes well we can start our application in approx 2 1/2 years.
Between now and then we just save as much as we can and get studying. (john course is going to cost us 6k).
When we get there it will be worth it. Good luck to all of you, dont forget it will be worth it.
Good kuck with everything. You are very brave and strong to be able to keep going and both retrain...Good luck again and hope your dreams come true...
Just want to wish you all the best with everything - if you want if bad enough you'll make it happen.
Take care x
HI Teresa, I had hastle with my TRA , but got through in the end . What amazes me is the amount of people that go to Oz and change profession's . Keep going , we have been trying for a couple of years now , just waiting to sell our house. ATB PAUL
thank you all, maybe one day when we all get there we will have a nice cold beer on the beach somewhere.