Help been Refused SA sponsorship

Guest skellysgirl

Guest skellysgirl

logged in today to find this

Refused. Applicant's hard copy resume does not indicate any employment in the last four years. Applicant has not demonstrated any research into employment prospects in her nominated occupation. Does not demonstrate genuine commitment or interest in South Australia and lack of preparation for migration.

I am self employed, and have been for the last 18m before that i was at uni

When asked about research, i stated i had looked at local employment agency listings, registered with creative industry forums and even spoke online to other designers.

I will try again, any advice and has anyone else been refused

L

God, thats not good, I haven't heard of anyone being refused before but then again I've never seen the question asked.

Do you have an agent? or are you doing this yourself? Do you know if you can re apply??

Sorry, I don't have any answers and seem to be asking you more questions, just quite shocked by that.

When we did ours I really went on and on about websites for jobs, companies I'd applied to, (loads of), literally applied for 10 -20 firms before filling out the form and wrote pages on what I intended to do for work in or outside of my general occupation.

We were advised by our agent to really research this part and prove we had been proactive in looking for jobs, I guess SA want people who aren't going to rely on the state and get themselves work pretty sharpish.

Good luck and let us know if you can reapply.

Denise

Guest skellysgirl

i will re-apply

I felt it was pointless contacting people in regards to getting a job as it was still such an early stage of application.

I have every intention of working, they question my commitment, i went to uni to get my degree so i could get to oz

I am going alone without an agent, i didnt think that this stage was quite so tough

I know what you mean, I felt daft applying for jobs 18mths maybe even 2 years before going but just did it for the sake of the sponsorship. Got to say though, really beneficial, I have had 4 or 5 in touch now with my CV ready for when I arrive and it really gave me an idea of whats out there for me.

Dont give up!

Guest brandyslad
i will re-apply

I felt it was pointless contacting people in regards to getting a job as it was still such an early stage of application.

I have every intention of working, they question my commitment, i went to uni to get my degree so i could get to oz

I am going alone without an agent, i didnt think that this stage was quite so tough

Gosh, I was of the same opinion, I have sent my Vetassess in but have prepared for sending in SA sponsorship and I have researched job ads etc kept copies and written about why I would apply and what skills I have but I hadn't planned on contacting employers as I felt it would be way too soon plus everyone seems to say there is no chance of getting a job until you are on Oz.

Maybe I should be sending a CV round employers then? What does everyone on here think?

Guest familygood

God so sorry for you.. Just about to apply ourselves. Have had email updates daily for jobs in our fields for the past 3 months and kept a log of any that were suitable either in chosen profession or other with dates, salaries and details. Sending 3 spreadsheet with all the details over. We have also written to about 30 employment agencies asking for their advice on our suitability. I will send these responses to them too. Looks like any info is worth sending..

Is is right that you applied end of Aug? Why has it taken so long for a response?! I thought it was supposed to take 4 weeks?

Best of luck if you do reapply and if we get a positive response will let you know what we sent to them.

Guest skellysgirl

i had a delay in sending the forms, and then once they received them it took just over a week before it showed as received and it said it would take 4 weeks, which is now

Oh my god.

What I have done is to submit emails to the law librarians association and sent on their reply to state I am becoming a member to allow me to apply for jobs. I included response from recruitment agencies within my field (librarianship). We also explained we had up-loaded our CVs onto various sites / agencies. I included correspondence from schools to say we could enrol the kids, etc.

We put down about this forum / buying books and mags on Oz and SA / Internet searches etc. It is so hard to try and convince them via email as you can explain yourself I think by talking!

I do hope it works out for you - we just finalising our bits and bobs for state sponsorship and driving me to glass of wine :huh:

Lisa

i will re-apply

It is pointless - but its what sa are looking for.

I sent over 100 e-mails and got 3 positive responses - so I included them.

Our agent said sa wouldn't even bother with our application if we hadn't contacted employers.

Guest brandyslad
It is pointless - but its what sa are looking for.

I sent over 100 e-mails and got 3 positive responses - so I included them.

Our agent said sa wouldn't even bother with our application if we hadn't contacted employers.

Hi,

Did you email companies who had vacancies advertised or just companies in your line of work? And did you just ask if they had any jobs coming up and to consider your CV?

logged in today to find this

Refused. Applicant's hard copy resume does not indicate any employment in the last four years. Applicant has not demonstrated any research into employment prospects in her nominated occupation. Does not demonstrate genuine commitment or interest in South Australia and lack of preparation for migration.

I am self employed, and have been for the last 18m before that i was at uni

When asked about research, i stated i had looked at local employment agency listings, registered with creative industry forums and even spoke online to other designers.

I will try again, any advice and has anyone else been refused

L

Hi Louise

I couldn't help noticing that in your original post (above), you state that you have only been in your chosen profession for 18 months.

I thought that you had to be in your chosen profession for 4 years? Could this be the real reason for the decline?

It may be worth contacting them for clarification before re-submitting.

Good luck

Howard

Guest brandyslad
Yes it is my understanding too that you have to be in that profession for at least 4 years or you do not meet the criteria. Best to check I think!

Just checked SA's website, for the 176 visa it states must have worked in nominated occupation for at least one year in the last four years and for the 475 at least one year in the last two years.

So I take it from this it does not have to be a full four years in your nominated occupation. Well I hope so, as this would knock me out as well!!

Your CV has to detail the last four years of your work history though.

Just checked SA's website, for the 176 visa it states must have worked in nominated occupation for at least one year in the last four years and for the 475 at least one year in the last two years.

So I take it from this it does not have to be a full four years in your nominated occupation. Well I hope so, as this would knock me out as well!!

Your CV has to detail the last four years of your work history though.

Yep, you are right, the rules changed around July 2007, thats the only reason we could get in after originally being told we couldnt, its just as you say above.

Phew

Guest skellysgirl

So what i do only need the 1 yr experience?

It states on my cv that i had been at university for the 3 yrs (studying the stated profession) previous to starting work.

I am hopefully going on a 475 by the way, and believed it was just 1 yr out of the last 2

I am wondering if this is an excuse for something else

I put in a letter too, detailing why we had chosen SA (good future for kids etc) listed some websites I had looked at for housing etc, we are on a business visa, so it was easier, I included actual research we had done, available commercial property, competition strengths and weaknesses etc. Ways in which business might differ here and what we could offer. Just state in plain words that you are commited to moving to Adelaide and it is something you really want.

Don't know your job, but put a list of prospective employers, this demonstrates you know where they are etc.

Guest skellysgirl

is anyone good at proof reading etc? i have worded an email to them and i would just appreciate someone looking it over before i post it, incase it sounds bad and harms further chances

Guest brandyslad
So what i do only need the 1 yr experience?

It states on my cv that i had been at university for the 3 yrs (studying the stated profession) previous to starting work.

I am hopefully going on a 475 by the way, and believed it was just 1 yr out of the last 2

I am wondering if this is an excuse for something else

Yes I double checked and the 475 is one year out of the last two. I have just spent the last 4 hours doing my CV to send out to some employers I am not really sure what I am going to say, I am just going to pray for some responses (I know they will be negative) to fit this criteria and show I have approached them. I have asked my current employer for a reference so hopefully this will help and I am going to get one of my previous employer as I have only been in this job since May this year.

God, I thought the hard bit would be the actual visa application. I didn't count on the SA sponsorship being so tricky.

Here is the link to the one year in the last two bit:

http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/pdfs/gsm/02.SponsorshipCriteria.pdf

Guest brandyslad
is anyone good at proof reading etc? i have worded an email to them and i would just appreciate someone looking it over before i post it, incase it sounds bad and harms further chances

Hi,

I am not too bad on the proof reading front but I am at the same stage so can't advise on what they actually want. Someone else will come through for you on here though, they are very good, it is great to have somewhere to ask questions esp as it is so complicated. Only for this post I would not have known about contacting employers and would have probably been turned down too!

Guest skellysgirl
Hi,

Only for this post I would not have known about contacting employers and would have probably been turned down too!

Well at least i am finally helping someone else on this forum, rather than them helping me

I am just wanting someone to check that it does not sound like a impulsive answer to their refusal, and that it is not in any way sulky sounding , lol

am i ok to pm it to you

L