Visa problem - hope not

Guest Leigh and Nick

Guest Leigh and Nick

Can anybody advise me please. We are just starting the whole process but I am concerned about a caution I may have received from the police over 15 years ago when I was young stupid and had a few too many to drink. Basically i caught my then boyfriend in bed with my flat mate, it all kicked off and I seem to remember having to write a statement but I am not sure if it was a caution or not and can not even remember when it happened. I have never had any dealings with the police since that horrible night and I was really hoping never to have to tell anyone about it but of course I had to tell my partner (which was humiliating) so that it can be put down on our visa application. Do you think we will be declined a visa for this or not? Please advise if you can!!!!!

Guest dglamoore

Hi

A caution will not stop you from getting your visa. Just make sure that you put a detailed description of what happened along with dates etc on your visa application.

Greg was a little naughty in his younger years and we got through ok :D

Lisa:cool:

Guest Leigh and Nick

Thank you so much for replying. I have been streesing and thinking that we wont be accepted all because I was silly years ago. The thing is I cant even remember dates of when it happened, any ideas on how I would find this out?

Leigh

Guest steph&neil

Hi Lisa is right as long as you don't try to hide it, it should be fine!

am sure that they are only keeping out the bad guys! (sounds like your ex got off lightly i might have murdered him -then again nahhh; no bloke is worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!):cool:

good luck & take care

steph x

Guest dglamoore

You could always request a police check which will list anything and only costs £10. You can request another further along too when needed by your case officer :)

Lisa:cool:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tiger fan

not to go into too many details but we had a similar thing and had to write and explain the circumstances.for a while we thought we were scuppered but it all happened a long time ago and we were granted visas. just be honest. if it was a caution then it may not even show up on your police check!!! i'm sure our police checks came to us first so youll know if theres anything to explain

Guest dp n dd

Hi

Don't let it worry you how about this one what i did and nothing has come back.

I went on a working holiday visa to Sydney when i was 18 ( am now 38 :()

supposedly for 6 months but decided to outstay my welcome and got deported when i was 21 whooooops !!

I had to give dates which i didn't know exactly but my agent found this out for me and also had to explain why. Nothing has come back on it.

We are at our final stage waiting for our visa.

So I'm sure you will be alright its not as if you committed a murder.

Very best of luck :)

Jeanette n Paul xx

• 3 years later...
Guest ROB3SERA3
Hi

Don't let it worry you how about this one what i did and nothing has come back.

I went on a working holiday visa to Sydney when i was 18 ( am now 38 :()

supposedly for 6 months but decided to outstay my welcome and got deported when i was 21 whooooops !!

I had to give dates which i didn't know exactly but my agent found this out for me and also had to explain why. Nothing has come back on it.

We are at our final stage waiting for our visa.

So I'm sure you will be alright its not as if you committed a murder.

Very best of luck :)

Jeanette n Paul xx

Hi guys,

We filled in our online application in may 2010 and it stated if any procecutions/convictions on our visa application please add so we said no but because it was only a caution ,then the law changed in 2009 there on there for 100yrs!!

Any help?

Would this cause a problem as its my mrs in 1996

Guest SusieOR
Hi guys,

We filled in our online application in may 2010 and it stated if any procecutions/convictions on our visa application please add so we said no but because it was only a caution ,then the law changed in 2009 there on there for 100yrs!!

Any help?

Would this cause a problem as its my mrs in 1996

Do you know this is def in your record...? Have you requested a police check? If not I would request one just to see...

& if it is on there, I would send a letter to your case officer...

Good Luck

Guest mnother

I dont think it is a problem i had to go to court for being drunk when i was 18 years old got a fine. told MY co and when police checks came through its was not on a record ,minor things get dropped off after a number of years just tell the truth !!!

Guest cornish Busdriver

i was a very naughty boy when i was younger, spent a bit of time in cells in the army and had a few run in's with the police over the years.

I just declared everything and was fine.

If you applied for your police check now - to see what came back, can you then apply again when your case officer is appointed so as not to reduce the time you have to validate your visa when it is granted?

If it only costs 10, then it would be 10 well spent for piece of mind, but does it not have a bearing on how quickly you have to go to validate your visa? If you can then do it all again at a later date, then would the second check trigger your time scales? If so, then is nothing lost and it's a win-win??

Something to consider.... I'm sure someone on here will have the answer...

Rachael

Guest fatman
Can anybody advise me please. We are just starting the whole process but I am concerned about a caution I may have received from the police over 15 years ago when I was young stupid and had a few too many to drink. Basically i caught my then boyfriend in bed with my flat mate, it all kicked off and I seem to remember having to write a statement but I am not sure if it was a caution or not and can not even remember when it happened. I have never had any dealings with the police since that horrible night and I was really hoping never to have to tell anyone about it but of course I had to tell my partner (which was humiliating) so that it can be put down on our visa application. Do you think we will be declined a visa for this or not? Please advise if you can!!!!!

Hi

Nothing to worry about , i had a couple run ins with the police when i was young and stupid (now i`m old and stupid ) police check came back saying NO TRACE so i`m sure you will be fine :jimlad::jimlad: