visas

Guest Yogi Jane

Guest Yogi Jane

Hi everyone, I have finally gotten around to filling in my visa application and according to the form and website a skilled sponsered application can take about 12 months.

Is this the normal time span?

Is it ever faster than that?

I already have a successful skills assessment does that make it quicker?

The prospect of being here for another 18 months is tough as we already feel like we are in limbo land, anyone know that feeling???:arghh:

I think you should be prepared for a long and painful wait!! There are many people on this site who have applied for the 475 visa and it seems to be taking an average of 10 - 12 months from on line application. It doesnt speed things up having your skills assessed, you need this anyway to go to the next stage.

We are all waiting patiently !(sometimes NOT) and its a real pain in the ass but just join in with the rest of us and hang in there.

Its great when someone gets their visa granted, we all congratulate them and get our hopes up until its our turn, I'm sure you'll be watching the threads waiting for the next one to be granted!

Denise

Guest graandjac

:)This time span is about right and for some has been alot longer:shocked:, its time to sit and wait and try to forget about your application:SLEEP:, easer said than done i know , but it will be worth it in the end.good luck

Guest BAZnDAF

We are applying for a 175 visa, and you can see the time line so far in my signature below. Most people have this in their signature which should give you a rough idea of how long things are taking.

From what I have seen, there is no set pattern, rhyme, or reason to when people are awarded their visa's.

So like Denise says, be in for a long wait.

I look at the wait as a means to saving more cash for the initial phase of relocation.

Good luck. :)

Hi everyone, I have finally gotten around to filling in my visa application and according to the form and website a skilled sponsered application can take about 12 months.

Is this the normal time span?

Is it ever faster than that?

I already have a successful skills assessment does that make it quicker?

The prospect of being here for another 18 months is tough as we already feel like we are in limbo land, anyone know that feeling???:arghh:

Hi

Don't give up!

We are doing a Class VE 176 Sub Class visa, we lodged our sponsorship with SA on 5th March it came back succesful on 17 April, we did visa app on line on 19 May, emailed our Form 80's over on 7th July & Visa was granted 29th September.

We got so disheartened as everyday we were checking on line no case officer or anything & then suddenly we got the email to say all done.

The important thing is to get it in & quick & keep them fingers, toes & everything else crossed!

Good luck

Sue

Guest familygood

Hi

we too are applying for 475 skillled sponsored visa. As Denise says it seems to be a minimum of 12 months at the moment before people are getting these types of visas. Other types of visas can be granted much much quicker but they are usually business visas or employer sponsored visas.

We are expecting the long wait. We too have had a successful skills assessment but that is a requirement to move on to the visa app stage anyway. Good luck and hope we dont all go too mad in the meantime!!

Emma

Guest Yogi Jane

ok great I get the message........ the visa is getting posted by the end of the week!

Wish I hadn't spent so long dallying around wondering if I was doing the right thing...DOH.

I shall be watching the forum closely for all info and asking lots of silly questions.

Thanks guys, at least I know its going to be long..................