veta a wot?

Guest dave

Guest dave

hola,i think i may be earning a reputation for asking the worlds stupidest questions :eek:, but what is VETASSESS? in process of applying for TRA, and keep seeing this word in posts, but havent come across it in any of the SA migration info.is it an agency company?

Also, while im feeling brave,(lager) will we need to apply for SA Sponsorship on a SIR Visa? (136 i think it is). thanks for the patience,

Dave.

Guest steph&neil

Hi there is no such thing as daft questions! you don't know till you ask! i copied the following from another site hope it helps you, & don't be afraid to ask anything! steph:)

VETASSESS is the assessing authority for a large variety of professionals, associate professionals, managers and administrators on the Skilled Occupations List.

A skill assessment involves providing a written opinion on the comparability of your post secondary qualifications, such as university or polytechnic qualifications, to the Australian qualifications required for an occupation identified on the Skilled Occupation List. (Note: work experience is not assessed)

In conducting this assessment VETASSESS will take into account a range of factors including:

• The education system of the country concerned;
  • The awarding institution; and
  • The level, structure, length and content of the program of study undertaken.

The skills assessment will reflect the views of VETASSESS based on the information and documentation you provide and research undertaken by VETASSESS staff. As the skills assessment is an opinion, VETASSESS is under no obligation to accept or be bound by statements, opinions or proclamations made by third parties.

It should be noted that skill assessments are not an assessment of:

• Your suitability for employment;
  • The quality of your work;
  • The appropriateness of your work experience; or
  • The likely success or failure of you obtaining Australian residency status.

At the completion of the skill assessment process you will be provided with a written statement by VETASSESS on the comparability of your post secondary qualifications to the Australian qualifications required for your nominated occupation.

link-arrow-red.gif

Guest graandjac

Hi Dave i think that some people have to apply for sponorship in order to give them an extra 5 points so if you got the needed 120 no you wont we are on a 136 and did not have to as we got 125 points via our agent, hope this helps Cheers Graham

Guest dglamoore

Professions and trades are assessed by different associations. TRA is the main skills assessing body for trades. If you look on the bottom of the skills list it will show you all the different assessing offices and which skills they assess - there are quite a few :) As Steph says there is no such thing as a daft question.

You would need to apply for sponsorship from SA if you are going for an SIR once you have got your yes from TRA :D you can do it online and is relatively painless :o

Lisa:cool: