Visa taking forever! What's going on?

Guest bentkitty

Guest bentkitty

Hi - my partner and I have applied for a skilled independent (subclass 175) in March, and we are still waiting. Immigration processing times seem to be unusually long, in June they were processing applications lodged in November, my agent just advised that they are currently (December 08) processing applications lodged in 7 Dec 07! Clearly they are falling behind!

Does anyone know whats going on / has anybody been experiencing similar issues? I am worried that at this rate I will be waiting for another year for the visa!!!

tx in advance:(

Guest bentkitty

Wow thats amazing - our application is e-lodged as well, you lodged your application in October and had a case officer assigned in November?? We have been waiting since March, haven't even had a case officer assigned yet. We are also going to Adelaide so it must be being processed by the Adelaide centre too

will get in touch with my agent again, dont get it....

Guest ReadyPenny

The only thing I forgot to mention is that we called Adelaide processing centre to see if they would "push" it along a bit. OH has a job offer and they wanted him to start end Feb/beg Mar. The lady said she would see what she could do AND if the application was straight forward ie no kids from previous relationships etc etc then she would try to pass it to a CO. Three days later I got an email from the Case Officer saying he was assigned to our case. Our file will next be reviewed mid December and all being well the visa will be granted.

All in all, we will have gone through the whole process in just 3 months. We haven't used an agent, we have done it ourselves. May be worth giving ASPC a call and don't be fobbed off by your agent.

Good Luck

Mandy

Hi bentkitty

I agree with Mandy. Time to be firm and discover the reason for the delay.

I've just sent a blank e-mail to aspc.processing@immi.gov.au All you need do is send a completely blank e-mail to that address. No header, so body text because nobody will read it. It generates an auto-reply, usually within a couple of hours.

The last time I obtained one ws 26th October according to my e-mails, and it said it was the one for the week beginning 21st October. (They update it when they get round to it, I reckon, though they say every Tuesday.)

I've not had a reply yet, but on 21st Oct they reckoned they were dealing with e-lodged applications submitted on 7th December for the subclass 175. However, the e-mail describes Tail End Charlie - the guy from a high-risk country, whose application is a complete shambles because he didn't read the instructions carefully enough etc. You can bet that he obtains an update e-mail every Tuesday without fail....

Over on Poms in Oz, a couple of people have had e-lodged 175 applications granted in less than 4 months recently. Those may well have been MODL occupations and they were "decision ready" by the time a CO first examined the file so there was nothing for the CO to do besides granting the visa.

Has your Agent given you a note of the Transaction Reference Number and the password for your application? If not, insist on being supplied with those straightaway so that you can get into your on-line status page by yourself and check whether all is well.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Rob&SamThomas
Hi - my partner and I have applied for a skilled independent (subclass 175) in March, and we are still waiting. Immigration processing times seem to be unusually long, in June they were processing applications lodged in November, my agent just advised that they are currently (December 08) processing applications lodged in 7 Dec 07! Clearly they are falling behind!

Does anyone know whats going on / has anybody been experiencing similar issues? I am worried that at this rate I will be waiting for another year for the visa!!!

tx in advance:(

Hi - we applied for a 175 visa in early February and have just been granted this so hopefully it won't be too long for you. Good luck.

Guest C&MKing

This is my first time on so not sure if this will go or not! My husband and I are both in our nearly mid 30s(!).

Our appln was finally lodged in Feb 08. Ive been onto the website today and it looks like things may be moving forward (as it says processing has now commenced). Our agent has said as we have now been allocated a case officer we should get a decision soon, but as we ve never gone through this we just have no idea when!

I cant hand in my notice at work and start moving things forward and living in limbo land! All a bit bitter sweet really as going through turmoil of leaving all our family and friends but really excited at the adventure that lies ahead.

Hope things start moving for you soon.

Clare

Guest Alipally

If you're paying an agent, then get them to telephone.... apparently they get paid to know who to phone to get the ball rolling:tonguexmas::winkxmas:

Seriously though, What Gill says is right, get the TRN and password and you'll be able to track your application yourself..... It creates a new obsession but at least it gives you 'something' even if it does just say pending. or finalised or something like that!

I looked at ours shortly after our grant came through that it didn't say it was granted even afterwards!! :wideyedxmas:

Got a sticker in the passport though, so I'm not too concerned!

Ali x