Handsworth medicals in Birmingham - are they thorough?

Guest vixpinkbabe

Guest vixpinkbabe

Hiya,

Having read numerous posts on here I have noticed that some Panel Dr's seem to be more thorough than others.

We have ours booked for January 2009 in Handsworth, Birmingham (not sure which Dr) and I just wondered whether anyone had been and what's involved, are they really thorough at Birmingham?

Thanks in advance,

Vicky xx

Yes they are very thorough. They take the xrays in the surgery and a nurse will take blood pressure, bloods weight and eye test. Than you see the doctor who carries out the medicals.

A word of warning if you have had tests investigations in the past that came back normal do not mention them. For example Grandad told the doctor he had a sigmoidoscopy and endoscopy but it had come back normal. This delayed our visa as we had to go and get the reports that the tests were normal.

We had ours done in handsworth and it was a painless process, x rays, do a urine sample then into the nurse does height, weight, eye test, blood pressure etc then into see doc for us he checked ears mouth had a prod about the tummy, went over any medical history with us and that was it i think if i remember rightly, it was pretty straight forward, i too had heard some horror stories about medicals and i wasnt looking forward to it, but honestly dont worry too much, the docs there seem real nice, well least the one we seen was lovely, as we was leaving he said to us "enjoy ur new life in oz" which was nice kinda gave us a indication he didnt think was anything there to stop us getting our visas

Good luck with em

Dawn x

Guest katsmajic

We travelled up from Chelt to use Handsworth, as they were £1000 cheaper than gloucester drs, (6of us) and we'd had good reports on them.

The process was very simple, as explained above...i have got medical history but the Dr was fine with me.

Hubby had a problem that his xray showed an enlarged heart - turned out they had taken the xray at the wrong time! :confusedxmas:

Caused a fair bit of stress for him and 6weeks of tests, but hey we know hes healthy!

Guest lastboyscout

We had ours done at Handsworth........................ looks like I was the only one asked to do star jumps and press-ups then :laughxmas:

Just kidding :biggrinxmas: Piece of urine as they say :laughxmas:

We were at Handsworth last week, As stated in other posts the medical was pretty thorough but the staff there were all friendly and the Dr was really good with our young twin boys. The whole process took about 90 minutes. Weve received an email today with our tracking number so we know the meds are now on there way.

Guest Alipally

The 'men' of the family had theirs done at Handsworth..... They were a bit nightmarish with the eldest son.... he's a tubby... they made him have a blood test for diabetes!!!

I had mine done at Selly Oak... with xray and bloods done at the Priory. It worked out about £1 less over all for my meds. The boys were done 'enmass' together. I had a room to myself. The doctor was lovely, and felt like an individual.... not just a number which was how the boys felt at the end of their medicals.

Just my personal opinion, but I know I made the right choice for me personally.